Uttarakhand Teachers Eligibility Test (UTET) is a state-level examination conducted by the Uttarakhand Board of Secondary Education (UBSE) for candidates interested in teaching at various government schools located in Uttarakhand. The UTET takes place once per year at various exam centers across Uttarakhand.
All the important dates, details, and syllabus of the exam is available on the UTET official website. Candidates who qualify for the exam are not awarded a job directly but are eligible for teaching primary classes at various schools in Uttarakhand as per vacancies.
The UTET comprises two papers, Paper I and Paper-II. Several UTET preparation books are suggested by experts to score higher marks in the exam that can be referred to by candidates. Several books are available that can help the candidates study for the UTET exam. However, candidates must refer to the syllabus available at the official site before buying the UTET best books.
Key points regarding UTET Best books
Certain points must be kept in mind by the candidates while buying UTET’s best books. A few of the most important points are mentioned below.
- Candidates are advised to do adequate research before buying a UTET book. This ensures that they are buying the best book available for a particular subject.
- Candidates must ensure that the book they are buying covers all the topics for the exam. If the book does not cover all the topics, they should focus on buying separate books for those topics.
- In case candidates are downloading ebooks, they must ensure that they are downloading them from a trustworthy website.
- Candidates must also look out for books that, apart from covering the syllabus, also contain previous year’s papers and solved questions. This helps the candidates to understand the type of questions that appear in the paper and also helps them to understand the time management that is required in order to complete the paper.
- Along with buying books, candidates must also keep themselves updated with current affairs by referring to newspapers, online articles, magazines, etc.
UTET Best books
Certain books have been recommended by experts that must be consulted by candidates who are interested in appearing for the UTET exams. A few of the most important books of both Paper I and Paper II are listed below.
- A Study Guide: UTET Uttarakhand Shikshak Patrata Pariksha Paper-II (Class I-V) Primary Shikshak Ke Liye
- UTET Success Master Paper-I for Class I-V
- 15 Practice Sets – UTET-II Class (VI-VIII) Ganit Avam Vigyan Adhyapak Ke Liye
- UTET-II Class (VI-VIII) Samajik Adhyan Shikshak Ke Liye
- 15 Practice Sets – UTET-I Class (I-V) Adhyapak Ke Liye
- 15 Practice Sets – UTET-II Class (VI-VIII) Samajik Addhyan Adhyapak Ke Liye
- UTET Uttarakhand Adhyapak Patrata Pariksha Paper-1 for (Class I-V) Ke Liye
- UTET Success Master Paper-II Mathe Science for Class VI-VIII
- UTET Success Master Paper-I for Class I-V
- UPTET,CTET, UTET, UGC and B.Ed. URDU Education Book By Sana Fatma Zuberi
- UTET-II Class (VI-VIII) Ganit Avam Vigyan Shikshak Ke Liye
UTET Exam pattern
The details of the UTET exam pattern are given below.
- The total marks of the exam are 150, and the total duration is 150 minutes.
- The exam is conducted in offline mode.
- The exam comprises two papers, Paper I and Paper II.
- Both the papers of the UTET exam are conducted in both English and Hindi languages.
- The papers comprise multiple-choice questions (MCQ), each having four options.
- Each correct answer is awarded 1 mark while there are no negative marks for incorrect answers.
UTET Exam preparation
In order to score good marks and get selected in the UTET exam, candidates need to follow a strict preparation strategy. Some important tips that can help the candidates score higher marks in the exam are given below.
- Proper preparation time- candidates must prepare a routine where they include 5 to 6 hours of study time every day. Candidates are advised to start their preparation 3 to 4 months prior to the UTET exam.
- Mock test- candidates are advised to practice mock tests at the end of the week to determine how well their preparation is going. This will not only help them revise the topics studied earlier in the week but also help them enhance their time management skills.
- Reading- if candidates are tired of studying the subjects in the syllabus, they can read newspapers and online articles to keep them updated with the current news. This will help them to score higher in the current affairs section.
- Rest- rest is as important as studying. Candidates must focus on taking proper rest, eating well, and taking regular breaks. This helps to keep them relaxed and also increases their learning capacity.