Competitive exams play a major role in helping the youth of India choose the career of their preference. Passing these exams gives them a direct passage to get placed in their dream jobs, especially government jobs. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing one of the most prestigious and coveted exams of UP, Super TET.
What is Super TET?
Super TET is a state-level examination conducted every year by the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board to select qualified candidates for various teaching positions in the government schools at both primary and secondary levels. This exam is usually conducted in offline mode. Presently, it is said to have a total of 1894 job vacancies, 390 of which are for the position of Principal, and 1504 vacancies are for the position of assistant teachers. A single-stage exam is conducted for the Assistant teacher post, whereas for the post of Principal, the exam will be conducted in two stages.
When is Super TET 2022 scheduled for?
As of now, the notification release date is scheduled for January 2022, while the last date of applying will be in February 2022. The exam is tentatively scheduled for the month of March 2022.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Super TET?
Every candidate who wishes to teach in private or government schools of UP (primary and secondary classes) should follow the UP Super TET eligibility criteria. The candidates ought to be aware of the educational requirements and age limitations that should be met in order to apply online for the exam and avoid any chance of disqualification. For the same, the candidate needs to be a graduate and must have passed the Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (UPTET) or the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET).
The UP Super TET eligibility criteria for Paper 1 and 2 of the Online Classroom Program is quite different.
What are the Educational Qualifications for Paper 1 and Paper 2 of Super TET?
Here are the educational requirements for the Online Classroom Program of Super TET. Paper 1 and Paper 2 require different educational qualifications, and the candidates are expected to meet at least one of them to apply for the position of UP Assistant Teacher.
Super TET Educational Qualifications
1. Primary Level Teachers (Classes 1 to 5)
- You are required to have scored a minimum of 50% in grade 12 and should have a four-year Bachelors of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed) degree.
- Your grade 12 score should be at least 50% with a 2-year diploma in elementary education.
- You must possess a Bachelor’s degree and should have finished a two-year elementary education diploma.
- You must have scored 50% in class 12 and the final year of a 2-year Diploma in Education or Special Education.
- You should possess a high school diploma along with a Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed).
2. Secondary Level Teachers (Classes 6 to 8)
- You must have a bachelor’s degree and BTC from the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
- You should have scored at least 50% in Intermediate and completed 4 years of B.El.Ed in Primary Education.
- You should have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50 percentile marks and a Rehabilitation Council Of India (RCI), B.Ed / B.Ed Special Education.
- You should possess a bachelor’s degree with an average grade point of at least 45% along with a B.Ed degree.
- You should have completed Intermediate with at least 50% marks along with four years of B.A/ B.Sc.Ed/ B.A.Ed from a credible N.C.T.E and UGC institute.
Along with any one of the qualifications mentioned above, the candidate should also pass and qualify for either CTET or UPTET examination.
What is the age limit for Super TET Online Class Program?
Generally, the age limit for all candidates is in the range of 21 to 40 years. However, UP candidates of the SC/ST/OBC category will be offered an age limit waiver of 5 years while those belonging to PwD get up to 15 years; i.e., on the date of joining, the candidate shouldn’t be a day older than 55.
Super TET Cut-off Criteria
The UP Board is responsible for deciding the TET cut-off marks for the Online Classroom Program. The cut-off mark of each year depends on a variety of factors, e.g., vacancy. The cut-off marks will differ for the General and SC, ST, and OBC categories. The cut-off marks for 2021 are yet to be notified. However, in 2019, the marks to be qualified were 60% and 55% for General and SC, ST, and OBC categories, respectfully.
What is the process for Super TET Final Selection?
The final selection process and cut-off involve the calculation of the weighted average of the written exams and academic scores. A 60% weightage will be given for Super TET’s written test, while 10% of each total percentage acquired in high school, intermediate, graduation and teacher training will be considered.
The aforementioned was the most crucial information of Super TET. If you are an aspiring candidate who wishes to teach in the schools of UP, you should be aware of this essential information. The reason is that every small piece of information about a competitive exam like Super TET can go a long way in helping you reach your goal.