For school teacher recruitment, there are various state-level exams. Mizoram TET is one state-level Eligibility Test for School Teachers in the state of Mizoram. Any candidate who wants to work as an upper primary or elementary school teacher must pass the Mizoram TET exam and obtain a TET credential.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
This article covers everything you need to know about this exam, from eligibility requirements to preparation strategies.
Eligibility Criteria for Mizoram TET– 2021:
Before applying online, all applicants who want to take the Mizoram TET must first meet the eligibility requirements. Candidates’ applications and candidature may stand canceled if they do not match the teacher’s eligibility standards. The following are the paper-by-paper eligibility requirements for Mizoram’s TET exam to be held in 2021:
For primary level Paper-1:
- The students need to pass the 12th standard with a minimum score of 50%.
- They should also finish or should be appearing in the final year of the 2-year Elementary Education Diploma course (D.El.Ed)
- Candidates from the reserved categories should have passed their 12th pass and scored a minimum of 45 percent.
- They should have finished or be in the last year of their elementary education Diploma or D.El.Ed according to the regulation of NCTE.
- They should be 12th pass and have scored a minimum of 50 percent marks and finished or be in the final year of the four-year Bachelor course of Elementary Education called B.El.Ed or their 2-year Special Education Diploma.
- They can also be a D EI. Ed Graduate or be in the final year of 2 years D.El.Ed
Eligibility for 2nd Paper for Upper level of Primary Level
- Basic Graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and completed two-year elementary education Diploma.
- They should have passed the 12th standard with 50% marks or above and completed their B.A./B.El.Ed or B.Sc.
Syllabus of Mizoram TET 2021:
The following is the Mizoram TET syllabus 2021, which is published on MBSE’S official website. The exam syllabus has the following list of subjects:
- Child development
- Language 1&2
- Environmental studies
- Pedagogy part 2
- Language 2
- Child development
- Mathematics/ Social Studies/Science
Exam Pattern for Mizoram TET 2021:
The Mizoram TET exam has two papers, namely, paper one and paper two. Paper-1 is for being a teacher of lower-level primary classes, whereas Paper-2 is for becoming the teacher of Upper-level primary classes. The candidates must clear both papers to become upper-level Primary teachers. If only paper one is cleared, the candidate would be eligible to become only a lower-level Primary teacher.
The question paper consists of 150 questions. These are the main features of the TET exam for Mizoram:
- Language of the exam: English and Mizo
- Mode of Exam: Online during Covid, but generally offline.
- Total number of exam questions: 150 questions each in papers 1 & 2
- Type of questions asked: objective type and MCQ pattern
- Duration of exam: Two and a half hours
Preparation Tips for Mizoram TET 2021:
Out of many applicants who appear for the Mizoram TET exam, only a handful can clear it. This is so because these candidates have a well-planned study routine, a consistent habit of revising and staying in touch with the syllabus.
The following are some helpful guidelines and recommendations for the Mizoram TET exam preparation:
- Knowing the test’s syllabus inside out is a good strategy, to begin with. Any cutthroat competitive exam can be cleared with flying colors if one has a clear view of the syllabus and exam pattern. Once you know the syllabus, you can identify your strong and weak areas and devise a study plan accordingly.
- Getting a schedule ready for your preparation can be one good step in the TET preparation strategy. We suggest that you should set up a systematic timetable for implementing the desired study plan.
- Planning and preparing written notes is one of the best ways to get ready for an exam. Last-minute revision cannot be done using detailed books and bulky study material. Handwritten and precisely drafted notes are the best revision material beneficial for students.
- Most examinees don’t realize the importance of going through previous years’ TET question papers and normally avoid solving them. Previous years’ question papers are an incredible resource for getting a perspective on this exam’s pattern and identifying repeated questions. Previous years’ question papers also give an idea of the difficulty level of the exam.
- After covering the entire syllabus of the exam, one should try solving mock tests. This practice gives candidates a good idea of the expected questions.
These are some tricks and tips for navigating through your TET preparations. We wish you all the very best for the upcoming Mizoram TET 2021.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.