In the official notification, the HP Board of School Education (HPBOSE) published the HP TET eligibility criteria. Before filling out the HP TET application form, applicants should check the HP eligibility criteria carefully. According to the HP Board of School Education, HP TET eligibility criteria are determined by factors such as nationality, age, and education. In terms of academic qualifications, HP TET eligibility criteria vary according to the position for which it is conducted.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
This article lists down the HP TET Eligibility criteria to follow with the exam pattern.
About HP TET
Before moving to understand the HP TET Eligibility, you should know what this exam is. The Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test (HP TET) is a state-level examination administered by the Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE), Dharamshala. Teachers in Himachal Pradesh are evaluated for their eligibility in these subjects in an exam conducted by Himachal Pradesh for the following subjects
- Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) Arts
- TGT (Medical)
- TGT (Non-Medical)
- Shastri teacher
- Language Teacher (LT)
- Junior Basic Training (JBT)
- Punjabi language teacher
- Urdu language teacher
HP TET Application Process
Before moving to HP TET eligibility criteria, let us first see the application process. A correction window was available during the fixed tenure to allow candidates to amend their HP TET applications. Candidates rejected from the HP TET application process for not paying the fee have been announced by the HPBOSE. Below are the steps you have to follow:
The HP TET application form must be filled out
The following steps can be followed by candidates to register for HP TET.
- The official website of HPBOSE is available online
- Click on the TET exam link
- Download the prospectus by reading the instructions carefully
- At the bottom of the page, click the checkbox
- Register by clicking on the Register button
- Fill out the HP TET registration form completely
Scan your photo and signature and upload them
Next, candidates must upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in JPG format according to the specifications.
Apply for HP TET and pay the fee
Following the upload of images, candidates will be automatically redirected to the payment gateway. The HP TET application fee can be paid online only using a credit or debit card.
Fill out the HP TET application form
Candidates are required to verify that all details on their application form are accurate before submitting. In order to submit their application, candidates must click on the declaration and then the Submit button after filling in all the information. You will successfully submit the HP TET application form when you click the button. Afterward, candidates need to take a printout of the confirmation page for their records. Read how to become a teacher.
HP TET Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must be citizens of India, according to the notification. People from Himachal Pradesh who are applying must submit their domicile certificate. In order to qualify for HP TET, candidates must have the educational qualification set forth by the exam authority. Depending on the subject, the educational qualification may differ. Below are the details regarding HP TET eligibility by subject:
- TGT Arts: 45% grade point average or above in class 12th and a Bachelor’s degree in Arts and/or Commerce. Bachelor’s degree in elementary education (50%) is also acceptable.
- TGT (Non-Medical): The candidate should have passed the 12th examination with a minimum of 50% and a degree in B.Sc. or B.Ed. with a major in elementary education (50%).
- Shastri: An undergraduate degree in Shastri from a recognized university in HP with a minimum of 50% marks.
- TGT (Medical): To be eligible for this program, applicants must have passed the 12th grade with a minimum of 50% and hold a BSc (medical) or BS (education) with a major in elementary education.
- Language Teacher: Students from all over the world may apply as long as they hold a degree in Hindi or are enrolled in a two-year diploma program.
- Junior Basic Teacher: The applicant must have at least a diploma or bachelor’s degree in elementary education (50%) as well as a minimum of 50% in their 12th grade.
- Punjabi Language Teacher: The candidate must hold a degree in Punjabi or be attending their final year of a 2-year diploma course.
- Urdu Language Teacher: Candidates will be required to hold a degree in Urdu or to appear in the final year of their two-year diploma course.
HP TET Exam Pattern
Exam Patterns for HPTET vary depending on the subjects candidates choose. It is important for candidates to know the overall exam pattern that remains the same for all subjects before proceeding to the subject-wise pattern. Candidates who have a deep understanding of exam schemes tend to make better preparation strategies and are more likely to succeed. Here are some general details on the HP TET paper pattern:
- Candidates will have to mark the answers on an OMR sheet since the paper will be an offline test.
- There will be 150 multiple choice questions with a 150-minute time limit on the exam.
- There are no negative markings in this exam, and each question carries one mark
- A minimum score of 90 is required to pass the exam or 60%.
There are multiple-choice questions in the HPTET exam, which is based on OMR. HPBOSE is responsible for setting the question paper. HPTET will be based primarily on the 10+2 curriculum of the state education board regarding syllabus, HP TET eligibility, and difficulty level.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.