Like almost every state in India, Andhra Pradesh also has its fair share of competitive exams to help the native youth land great job opportunities in the government and private sectors. In this article, we will be discussing such a competitive exam conducted in Andhra Pradesh, called the APTET. If you are someone aspiring to write APTET, then go nowhere. From best books for APTET to eligibility criteria, we cover everything here.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
What is APTET?
Andhra Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test or APTET is essentially a state-level eligibility exam conducted by the Commissioner of School Education Andhra Pradesh. Passing the exam is mandatory if you wish to get placed as a Primary or Upper Primary level teacher at state government schools. Being a quite popular test, APTET is attended by a large number of candidates every year.
When is APTET 2022 expected to be conducted?
As per the dates of the previous year, it is presumed that the application forms will be available from the first week of June 2022, and the tentative exam date will be around the second week of July 2022. Note that the application fee for the APTET exam will be Rs.250 for candidates from all categories. Read how to become a teacher.
What are the documents required to apply for APTET 2022?
Here is the list of documents that you will have to provide to support all the information that will be filled in the APTET application form:
The following mark sheets will have to be carried:
- 10th standard
- 12th standard
- Certificate of Teaching diploma
- Sports certificates (For incentive purposes but conditions apply)
- Category certificate
- ID proof – Aadhar Card
- Passport photo (Scanned)
- Signature (Scanned)
- Payment Mode
Eligibility Criteria for APTET 2022
The eligibility criteria will differ as per the job you want to apply for. But, firstly, the candidate should be an Indian citizen, and the age should be in the range of 18-40 years.
APTET Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teachers
- The candidate should have a minimum of 45% marks in the intermediate or senior secondary tests. They should have also passed their 2-year certificate in education in or while following the final year.
- Intermediate/ senior secondary score should be at least 50% and should have passed in or following the final year of 4 year-B.El.Ed (Bachelor of Elementary Education).
- At least 45% marks should be scored in the intermediate or senior secondary exams along with passing the 2-year certificate in education in or while following the final year (special education).
APTET Eligibility Criteria for Upper Primary Teachers
At least one of the following criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates:
- Candidates must have cleared B.Com/B.Sc/BA with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/BC) along with clearing B.Ed course or must have done B. Ed special education.
- Candidates should have passed a 4-year B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed., with at least 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/BC/ differently-abled applicants)
- Candidates must have graduated with a Bachelor of Oriental Language degree (or the likes) or Graduation in Literature or Post Graduation in Language concerned or in one of the optional subjects (should be a language). Along with this, they’ll need a Language Pandit Training Certificate/B.Ed with Language considered as one of the Methodologies.
APTET 2022 Exam Features
- Exam Duration: 2.5 hours
- Number of Questions: 150 Multiple Choice Questions
- Maximum marks: 150
- Number of Papers: 2 (Paper 1 for Primary level and Paper 2 for Upper Primary level)
Preparation of APTET – APTET Best Books to Refer
Well, for a competitive exam like the APTET, you will need the most authentic information on various subjects. With so many APTET books in the market, choosing the best one can be quite confusing. However, to pass the exam, you definitely need the APTET best books for preparation. Let us help. We have shortlisted 15 of the best books for preparing for APTET exams.
- AP TET 2020 Paper-I Previous Papers [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET 2020 Paper-II School Assistant Maths and Science 5 Previous Papers and 5 Model Papers with Unit Wise [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET Paper-I (for Class I-V) Part-A (Latest 9 Previous Papers 2018) – Telugu
- AP – TET 2020 Paper – II A Mathematics and Science Top 13 Previous Papers [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET Paper-I ( for Class I-V) Volumer-I [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET Paper-2 Mathematics and Science Top-21 Model Papers [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET Paper-II-A (for Classes VI-VIII) Part-B Mathematics & Science Content Methodology (Latest 6 Previous Papers 2018) – Telugu
- AP TET 2020 Paper-II School Assistant Social Studies 5 Previous Papers and 5 Model Papers with Unit Wise [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP DSC TET Cum TRT SGT ( 10+15 Marks ) MATHEMATICS Content and Methodology [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP – TET 2020 Paper – I Top 16 Previous Papers [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET Paper-I Volume-II ( Mathematics and Environmental Studies Content and Methodology ) [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP-TET Shishu Vikasam Adhyapana Shastram (Child Development & Pedagogy) for Paper-1 & Paper-2 – Telugu
- AP TET cum TRT DSC SGT EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET SGT Paper-I (for Class I-V) Top 26 Model Papers – 2018 [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
- AP TET Cum TRT 2019 Exam Papers [ TELUGU MEDIUM ]
Along with referring to the APTET best books, it is also advisable to take some online mock tests so that you can introduce yourself to new kinds of questions.
So, now that you have gone through the eligibility criteria, pattern, tentative dates, and the APTET best books, you definitely would have got an idea as to how and when to start preparing for APTET 2022.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.