With the government of Andhra Pradesh and the Department of School Education, the AP TET exam or the Andhra Pradesh Eligibility Test exam will be conducted across all 13 districts of the state. Online application forms will be available in the month of October (tentatively). The APTET exam will take place through Computer-Based Testing (CBT).
The objective of the online examination CBT is to make sure National Standards and benchmarks of Teacher quality are met in the recruitment process in line with the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), which states the official notification of APTET upcoming exam.
Pattern For APTET
- AP TET exam questions will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
- Each question has four alternatives, with one answer being correct.
- No negative marks will be awarded.
Two Papers Will Be Presented On APTET
- It’s a paper for a student who plans to become a teacher for grades I to V.
- Paper-II is for people who intend to be teachers of classes six through eight.
- If you intend to be a teacher at both levels (classes I to V and classes VI to VIII), you will need to appear in both papers (Paper I and II).
- For becoming a primary teacher, this is the pattern for the paper: Primary Teacher.
- In total, 150 multiple-choice questions will be asked in one paper.
The Medium Of Examination For The AP TET Is English
The question paper will be bilingual for all languages except Sanskrit, i.e., English, followed by the language chosen. For Sanskrit, it should be Telugu followed by Sanskrit.
Eligibility for the APTET
APTET eligibility criteria that aspirants need to fulfill in order to be eligible to appear for the entrance exam are as follows:
- To qualify, students must have obtained at least 55% of their grade point average (without rounding off) in a master’s degree examination from any University/College that is recognized by UGC. Candidates that are specifically from the reserved categories such as OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST, and people with disabilities are eligible to apply if they have scored at least 50% in their Master’s degree exams.
- Those who will be taking their Master’s final year exam and whose results are awaited can also apply for the APTET 2019 exam. Aspirants will be offered provisional admission in such cases, but they are required to submit their exam results at the time of admission.
- Applicants who have completed their Master’s level examinations by September 19, 1991 (regardless of when the results are announced) will be eligible to receive a 5% relaxation in their aggregate scores (that is, from 55% to 50%) when appearing for the APTET exam.
- Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post-graduate degree only, according to the official website. Those candidates whose post-graduation subject is not listed on the list can choose a related subject.
The Official Answer Key For The APTET
The APTET final answer key has been posted on the official website of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. Candidates can download the answer key following these steps:
- For more information, please visit APTET.net.in.
- The available answer key can be accessed by clicking the link.
- The answer key and paper can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate link for the Answer key for the AP TET exam.
The APTET Syllabus consists of:
On the official website, you can find a complete description of the APTET Syllabus and its structure. There will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with four alternatives, each carrying one mark and only one correct answer. It will not be possible to lose marks for incorrect answers.
A person intending to become a teacher will have to take Paper-I if they wish to teach Classes I to V and Paper-II if they wish to teach Classes VI to VIII. Every candidate who wishes to get a job as a teacher for Classes I to V or for Classes VI to VIII must appear in both papers (Paper I and Paper II).
Dates of the APTET Exam
There is no fixed schedule for the AP TET exam, but it is likely to take place in September.
Fees for the APTET Exam
Exam fees are Rs. 500 for general/SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Test Centers for APTET
In Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai, APTET will be conducted in 13 districts and centers.
As per the rules of the Government of Andhra Pradesh, the Andhra University conducts the Andhra Pradesh State Eligibility Test (APTET) on behalf of candidates seeking to become Assistant Professors or Lecturers in colleges and universities in the state. For more information about the AP TET exam Syllabus and its Exam Pattern, candidates are advised to keep checking the APTET official website on a regular basis.