REET or RTET stands for Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers or Rajasthan Teacher’s Eligibility Test. It is the state-level exam that recruits Level I and Level II school teachers in Rajasthan. Level I corresponds to the Primary Teachers, while Level II is Upper Primary Teachers. At present, RBSE (Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education) will conduct the REET 2021 exam on 26th September 2021.
For more information, one can visit the REET official website – rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in. Before you visit the website, pay heed to some highlights on the REET exam.
|Level of Exam||State-based (Applicable only in Rajasthan)|
|Frequency of exam||Every year or depending on the vacancy|
|Exam mode and duration||Offline and duration is 150 minutes|
|Current year vacancy||Approx. 33,000|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Purpose of conducting exam||To check whether a candidate is eligible for Primary and Upper Primary levels|
|Age limit of the candidates||The minimum age limit to appear in the REET exam is 18 years. However, there is no maximum age limit for candidates.|
However, one can get complete details about the REET schedule and notifications at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in.
How to find information from the REET official website?
- Visit http://rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in/.
- Click on REET/RTET to check the complete details of the REET exam.
- As you move to the REET portal, you get the list of options, including REET previous year’s question, REET Result for Level 1 and Level 2, and much more.
- You can also find the updated REET syllabus on the site. Students must check the syllabus so that they do not miss out on anything.
Before you fill the REET form, you must be sure about the eligibility criteria. Take a look at the basic educational qualification required to appear in the REET exam.
On REET’s official website, one can find:
- Question Papers and Answer key: Find question papers of the previous year and their answer key. You can solve the question and check your performance while comparing it with the answer key.
- Application form: Register for the REET exam while filling the online application form. Here are the steps:
- Click on http://rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in/
- Click on the online application link on the home page. It generally lies under the ‘New Updates’ Section when the Board releases the Notification.
- Click on ‘Register and Generate Fee Challan.’
- Fill in all the details and cross-check them to avoid any mistakes. Details you enter must be correct to avoid any reviewing error in the future.
- Proceed to fee payment, either through challan or online.
- Once you pay the fees, your application gets registered.
- Check results: Firstly, click on the REET official website, and click on the result link. Further, fill in your credentials to know whether you are qualified in the merit list or not.
- Download your admit card: Click on the latest updates to know whether the Board has released the admit card or not. If released, click on the Admit Card link, available in the Updates Section. Enter your credentials and download them.
You can also check the Notifications on the National Council for Teacher Education or NCTE website.
What is the REET selection procedure?
When you visit the REET official website, you can also find out about the selection procedure.
- Firstly, a candidate needs to fill the application form, available on the REET official website. Once you fill in the required information, move to the payment section. Payment completion confirms your registration.
- Second, download the RTET admit card from the official website. It is released one week before the exam.
- Once you finish your exam, the result is released once the final assessment process is over.
- The Board awards the qualified candidates (qualifying cut-offs released every year according to the category) a REET certificate.
- Once you get the certificate, you can apply for the respective posts in different schools of Rajasthan, depending upon their merit.
It is good to visit the official website to get factual details on any upcoming changes. Remain updated with the syllabus, updates on exams, exam date, pattern, results, and previous years’ questions all in one place.