UGC NET or Union Grants Commission National Eligibility Test is one of the most prestigious examinations in the country. This examination is conducted by NTA or National Testing Agency for eligibility of applicants towards assistant professors and junior research fellowship in all the institutions that come under the purview of UGC.
The UGC NET examination has seen more than 8,60,976 applicants in 2020 and about
5,26,707 test-takers. This is the reason why it is such a massive examination. When it comes to 2021, the exam has been rescheduled to 20th November 2021, and the results are expected to be released sometime in December.
The result of the UGC NET 2021 examination will be released on the official website for all the applicants to access. Every year several aspirants appear for the UGC NET examination in the hope of qualifying to teach as an assistant professor at several key educational organizations across the country. Here we will discuss a step-by-step method to access results for UGC NET online.
Step-1 Visit the Official Website
Visit the official website for UGC NET Examination, where NTA will post the results and cut-off marks.
You can go down to the bottom of the website to find different links for results, cut-off marks, a list of candidates that qualified in the last exams, etc. Click on the link that indicates NET Results 2021, and you will be redirected to the result portal.
Step-2 Enter Details
Next, you will be redirected to the result page, where you have to enter specific details like application number, DOB, a security pin auto-generated by the portal, etc. Then submit it to access your results.
Step-3 Download the Result
You can download the result for your reference, which contains essential key information if you qualify for the exam. Here are some of the details that your result will have,
- Candidate’s Name
- Application Number
- Roll Number
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Name of the course for which the candidate appeared
- Number of candidates registered for that subject
- Number of candidates who appeared in the subject
- Maximum marks
- Marks secured in each paper
- Percentile secured in each paper
- Percentage of marks obtained
This entire process is as simple as it can get for any applicant to access the result. However, some scenarios can cause issues like applicants losing their application number or other such details. In such a scenario, here are some of how you can access UGC NET results in 2021.
How to download the UGC NET 2021 result if the application number is lost?
NTA provides several options for candidates to retrieve forgotten details like application numbers. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
Step 1: Visit the official website for UGC NET Examination.
Step 2: When you reach the login window where you need to feed different details, find, “Forgot Application No.?”
Step 3: Click on the link and enter the details mentioned below:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Security pin
Step 4: Next, you will have to click on ‘Get UGC NET Application Number’ to regenerate the application number.
The regenerated application number for the UGC NET examination will be sent to your registered mobile number. Further, you can use the same application number to log in again and check the results for the UGC NET exam on the NTA portal. Similarly, if you forget the password for your UGC NET portal access, there is a way to regenerate it and get the result.
How to download the UGC NET 2021 result if the password is lost?
To regenerate your password from the official website, you need to go to the portal and retrieve the forgotten password. Here are the steps you need to follow,
- Visit the official website and go to the login page
- Now select the option that says, “Forgot Password?”
- There are three options to reset the password from which you can choose anyone.
- The first is by using a security question for which the answer has already been set by you during the first time you applied for UGC NET.
- The second option is through OTP sent to your registered mobile number through SMS.
- The third option is by receiving a password reset link sent to your Registered Email Address.
- Once you fill in all the required details on the linked page received in your email, the new password will be set after you hit the submit button.
Further, you can use the same password for login on to the official portal and download the result of UGC NET. The result will be further normalized by NTA as per specific guidelines set by the examination body. Here is how NTA normalizes the results,
For example, if the examination was held in two shifts with one shift having 40% marks corresponding to a percentile of 81, and for the second shift, it is 84, the final cut-off is set at above 84.
So, any candidate with a percentile score between 100 and 84 is deemed qualified for the UGC NET general category candidature. At the same time for reserved categories, the calculation is executed as per the reservation criteria.
Minimum Qualifying Marks for UGC NET
- The total number of applicants that will be shortlisted is equivalent to the 6% of candidates that appeared both in paper 1 and paper 2.
- As per the reservation scheme from the Government of India, slots for reserved categories will be allotted.
- An applicant must secure a minimum of 40% aggregate marks in both the papers in the general category and 35% for the SC/ST/OBC category.
Every year lots of applicants appear for UGC NET examinations and several qualify for assistant professor positions. While many others achieve junior research fellowships due to UGC NET exams. Accessing the NET result with the online portal is simple, and you have several ways to download it even if some details are lost.