The University of Madras understands the importance of education for everyone. So it has established Madras University Distance Education to help learners achieve their personal, educational, and career goals. The distance education wing was established in 1981 to provide education to everyone without any geographical barriers. The unmatchable service has helped the university provide quality education to every student for the last 25 years.
Madras University Distance Education department offers 16 undergraduate courses, 22 postgraduate courses, 19 diploma and 16 certificate courses. Any student can take admission into these courses throughout the year. Learners can download the admission form from the official website. Then they must submit the filled form to secure a seat in the distance learning program.
Some of the prominent certificate and diploma courses offered by Madras University Distance Education are:
- Certificate course in accounting and auditing
- Certificate course in computer applications
- Certificate course in e-commerce
- Certificate course in management
- Certificate course in carnatic music
- Diploma course in yoga
- Diploma course in taxation
- Diploma course in systems management
Likewise, there are various courses in undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
Students willing to learn through distance education programs can apply through online and offline modes. The university conducts an entrance examination to take admission in various courses. Some of the steps to apply for the admission include:
- First, visit the official website of the university
- Register yourself through the admission portal
- Select the course you want to pursue and then fill relevant information
- Submit the form attaching all relevant documents. Then pay the application fees through card or internet banking