In our country, teaching is regarded as one of the most valuable and recognized professions. The Government of India created the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) in 2011 in order to improve teaching quality by providing the best of our young brains. In this light, Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan conducts Kerala TET examinations twice a year. Kerala TET ensures the quality of teachers in Kerala’s lower primary, primary, and secondary schools. Let us look at the required KTET qualification and some Kerala TET preparation tips in this article.
Note: Candidates from the SC/ST and differently-abled groups are eligible for a 5% qualifying mark relaxation. Candidates belonging to OBC and OEC are eligible for a 3% reduction in qualifying marks.
KTET Qualification for Lower Primary Classes of KTET 2021 exam:
- Minimum 45% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and two years Trained Teachers Certificate (TTC) conducted by Government of Kerala, Board of Examination, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 45% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and 2 years of Diploma degree in Elementary Education.
- Minimum 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and four years of Bachelor of Elementary Education known as BEIEd degree.
- Minimum 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and a two-year Diploma degree in Education (Special Education).
KTET Qualification for Upper Primary Classes of KTET 2021 exam:
- B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. and two years of Diploma degree in Elementary Education/Trained Teachers Certificate (TTC) conducted by the Kerala government, Board of Examination, or its equivalent.
- Minimum 40% marks in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. and one-year Bachelor’s degree in Education (BEd).
- Minimum 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) and four years of Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education (BEIEd).
- Minimum 50% marks in Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and four years B.A./B.Sc. Ed. or B.A. Ed. or B.Sc. Ed. degree.
KTET Qualification for High School Classes of KTET 2021 exam:
- Minimum 45% marks in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. and a B.Ed. degree in the subject concerned.
- Candidates applying for Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology need to have an M.Sc. Ed. degree in the subjects mentioned earlier with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education under NCERT.
- Candidates applying for Zoology and Botany subjects need to have an M.Sc. Ed. degree in the subjects mentioned above with not less than 50% marks from one of the Regional Institutes of Education.
- Minimum 45% marks in B.A. or its equivalent and pass in LTTC are eligible to apply.
KTET Qualification for Category IV of KTET 2021 exam:
- Candidates willing to apply for category IV must have the required qualifications concerning the post of Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, and Urdu (up to Upper Primary Classes).
- Specialist Teachers and Physical Education teachers must adhere to the qualifications as given in Chapter XXXI of the Kerala Education Act And Rules for applying to the KTET IV category.
KTET Tips and Tricks for Preparation:
- Make sure the exam dates are memorized and the exam pattern is evaluated.
- Once you have mastered the exam pattern, you will need to keep up with the curriculum for each topic included in the exam. Then, and only then, we can build a study regimen based on the exam’s themes.
- The study resources you use can make a significant difference in how well you do on the exam. Therefore, make an informed decision and begin the selection of study materials before beginning study preparation.
Online Study Material, such as Online E-Books, PDFs, Question Papers, Mock Tests, Test Series, Video Lectures, and so on, create a conducive learning environment. You can prepare for the Kerala TET exam online, which is a wise idea. Students can opt to learn at their own pace. This is one reason why most candidates prefer to learn online rather than in a classroom.
- Make a study regimen and stick to it religiously by keeping the following tips handy:
1. Create a goal + time-based timeline, and try to keep it short term.
2. You should assess the topics in which you are strong or weak after acquiring the exam specifics. Begin working on the subject that requires more attention. Prepare a few short notes for speedy exam revision.
3. Create your schedule so that you can manage well with the time in your hand.
4. Candidates must avoid making the error of reading incomplete questions and, as a result, arriving at an inaccurate answer. Read the questions carefully and make sure you understand what is being asked.
5. Do not rely on guesswork for a higher success rate.
- Take mock tests very seriously and attempt them with the same attitude and motivation. The questions on the mock test will be identical to those on the actual exam. The questions are given in the same format, and you will be given the same amount of time to complete them. Taking a mock test will give you a good sense of what to expect on the actual exam and better know your weak points.
- Note that self-motivation is the key. You will not be able to pass the exam until you believe in yourself and your abilities to pass it. It is essential to believe in yourself and encourage yourself to earn good grades and get a better understanding of many topics.
We hope that these details on the KTET qualification and some tips and tricks to prepare for the same will help you ace the exam. You will be ready in no time if you begin early. All the best.
Teachmint offers educational infrastructure to improve the teaching-learning experience. With the help of our tools like admission management system, teachers and staff can reduce their workload. Know more about us and our offerings like learning management system by visiting our website.