The KTET Exam, short for the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test, is an acclaimed, state-wide screening process to select qualified teachers for schools in Kerala. Held twice a year, this exam is conducted by the Commissioner for Government Examinations – the Government of Kerala, to fill in the vacant roles in the primary, upper primary, as well as high-school sections.
The KTET is held in categories one through four – Category 1, 2, 3, and 4 papers. The upcoming examination is supposed to take place in June next year, the details of which are yet to be announced.
KTET Exam Dates – Tentative Schedule
The projected schedule for the upcoming KTET 2022 is as follows:
|Events||Expected Exam Dates|
|KTET Notification Release||1st week – April 2022|
|Commencement of the Online Applications||2nd week – April 2022|
|Last Date for the Online Applications||April 2022|
|Form Corrections||May 2022|
|Release of the Admit Cards||May 2022|
|KTET Exam Date 2022||June 2022|
|Result Declaration||To Be Announced|
Anyone who intends to take this teachers’ eligibility exam has to complete the application before the deadline. Also, it is important to note that different categories for the exams follow a distinct schedule which is timely released on the official website of the exam.
Post your successful application; you will receive due notifications about the exam or any changes in the timetable. In the meantime, the answer key for the KTET 2021 held in May has been updated on the official website, while the same is yet to be released for the exams held in September 2021.
Who is eligible to appear for the KTET exam date 2022? Here is a comprehensive list of the minimum requirements to be fulfilled for each of the four categories:
Eligibility to apply for the KTET Exam – Category I (Lower Primary Section)
- Minimum 45% in Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary or equivalent + 2 years of TTC (Trained Teachers Certificate) by the Board of Examinations, Government of Kerala, or its equivalent
- Minimum 45% in Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary or equivalent + a 2-year Diploma in the Elementary Education according to the NCTE, Regulations 2002
- Minimum 50% in Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary or equivalent + a 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)
Eligibility to apply for the KTET Exam – Category II (Upper Primary Section)
- At least 45% in BA/BCom/BSc + a 2-year Diploma in TTC/Elementary Education from the Kerala Government’s Board of Examination or its equivalent
- At least 40% in BA/BCom/BSc + 1 year of B.Ed. as per the regulations set by the NCTE
- At least 50% in Senior Secondary/Higher Secondary or its equivalent + 4 years of BA/B.A.Ed./BSc.Ed
Eligibility to apply for the KTET Exam – Category III (High School)
- Minimum 45% in BA/BCom/BSc + B.Ed from a recognized university
- At least 45% in BA or its equivalent and passed LTTC
- At least 50% in MSc.Ed. from any of the Regional Institutes of Education coming under NCERT if applying for Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, and Botany
- Minimum 50% in MSc.Ed from any Regional Institute of Education that comes under the NCERT if applying for Zoology and Botany
Eligibility to apply for the KTET Exam – Category IV
Under this category, candidates need to possess the qualifications with reference to the post of Language Teachers of Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, and Arabic (up to the Upper Primary classes).
In the case of Physical Education (PE) teachers and Specialist teachers, adherence to the qualification requirements mentioned in Chapter XXXI of the Kerala Education Act And Rules is a must.
Note: Candidates belonging to the Disabled and SC/ST category receive a relaxation of 5%, and OBC & OEC category students get 3% relaxation.
The application forms for the KTET exam date 2022 will be made available on the official website. The candidates can fill the form online and choose the test centre that suits them the most.
The fees for the exam are accepted via internet banking, debit/credit card, and challan. While submitting the application, all the candidates need to submit all the required certificates mentioned in the category they are applying for.
The KTET exams prove to be a significant stepping stone for candidates who want to pursue teaching as a career. Stay tuned for more updates to start your preparations just in time.