ITI admission is a crucial process for every candidate willing to get technical knowledge and start a career as a technician. The institute prepares students for job roles in various fields. ITI admission 2022 will be started by the Directorate of Employment and Training. Admissions are conducted based on the merit list prepared by DET. ITI colleges have two wings: training and employment. These two wings have different objectives, including:
Objectives of training wings
- To ensure a steady flow of manpower to various industries.
- To provide essential skills to the youth and ensure that they become employable.
- To enhance the quality of industrial and commercial products by providing the best training to workers.
Objectives of the employment wing
- To balance the co-ordination between manpower supply and demand by extending helpful hands to job seekers and employers
- To promote employability through Vocational Guidance activities
- Ensure effective implementation of the Employment Market Information Program
ITI Admission Eligibility Criteria
The first criteria for ITI admission are that candidates must have crossed the age of 14 years. Other criteria include:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen
- The candidate must have passed class 8th and SSLC
- Candidate must have completed class 10th education from a state-recognized board or institute
- The candidate must have completed at least 5 years of study from the state
Other Eligibility Conditions
- There are a few expectations for applying to certain trades. Candidates willing to apply for carpenter, sheet metal worker, welder, dressmaker, and sewing technology must have completed class 8th and 10th education.
- For other professions, candidates must have passed class 10th.