The HTET or the Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test is an important examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEH). This is an essential exam for people who want to become teachers. It is held at three levels of recruitment and is classified into levels 1 and 2.
BSEH HTET Level 1 Exam
Level 1 HTET exam qualifies candidates for the posts of primary teachers (PRY), trained graduate teachers (TGT), and postgraduate teachers (PGT). Upon qualifying for the exam, you will receive a TET certificate. This certificate is valid for seven years.
There are several vacancies released every year by BSEH. And the exam is held once every year in two languages: English and Hindi.
The exam duration is two and a half hours. This is the main examination used to recruit PRT, TGT, and PGT.
Eligibility for Level 1 HTET Exam
Age Criteria: You must be between the age of 18 to 38 years.
Exam Pattern: The exam pattern varies from the level of examinations of the BSEH HTET written examination. It has three papers: paper 1, paper 2, and paper 3.
- Paper 1 is for the primary level 1 teacher. They are eligible for teaching classes 1 to 5.
- Paper two is for trained graduate teachers (TGT). They are eligible for teaching classes 6-8.
- Paper 3 is for postgraduate candidates. They are eligible to teach from classes 9 to 12.
- The post of primary teachers is for teaching classes 1 to 5. You have to clear the 12th exam along with a diploma in elementary education.
- To be a TGT, you must have a bachelor’s degree along with B.Ed. This way, you can become eligible to teach classes 6 to 8.
- For the postgraduate teacher, you must have a master’s degree with a B.Ed.
- There are 150 questions in the exam, and each question is of 1 mark. The exam in total is 150 marks.
- The total duration of the exam is two and a half hours. All the questions are multiple-choice questions, and the mode of examination is offline. There is no negative marking.
- All the candidates who qualify for the examination will get a qualifying certificate valid for seven years.
Qualifying Marks for HTET Level 1
To qualify HTET exam, the cut-off is as follows-
- For all the categories, except scheduled caste, differently-abled, and physically challenged individuals, the cut-off is 60%, 90 marks.
- For scheduled castes, differently-abled, and physically challenged of the Haryana domicile, the qualifying marks are 55%, 82 marks.
- For scheduled castes, differently-abled and physically challenged of other states, the qualifying marks to the 60%, 90 marks.
Syllabus for Level 1 HTET Exam
Level 1 of BSEH HTET is for the post of teachers for teaching classes 1 to 5. The subjects are child development and pedagogy, languages (Hindi and English), General studies that include qualitative aptitude and reasoning, mathematics and environmental science.
This paper focuses on the educational psychology of teaching, relevant learning for different age groups, the needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and qualities and attributes of a good facilitator of learning.
For the languages, the main focus is on the proficiency and the fluency in the medium of instruction of the individual. For quantitative and aptitude reasoning ability, the main focus is on mental and reasoning ability and awareness. For general studies, questions are specifically about the general knowledge of Haryana state.
In mathematics and Environmental Sciences, the focus is on problem-solving and conceptual understanding of subjects.
BSEH HTET Level 2 Exam
For the level 2 HTET exam, candidates will become eligible for the position of teaching classes 6 to 8. The major subjects include the same as level 1, and the topic focus is the same. There is an additional optional subject at this level.
BSEH HTET Level 3 Exam
The candidates that clear the HTET level 3 exam are qualified to teach classes above grade 8. The subjects are similar to level 1 and there is an optional subject.
Preparation Strategy for BSEH HTET
The HTET is a challenging examination, and the qualifying individuals get jobs in Government schools across Haryana. A good strategy will help in easing your way through preparation, and you will maximize your chances of scoring more. Here are some essential tips for good strategic planning.
- Familiarise yourself with syllabus and exam patterns: Cover all the topics in the BSEH HTET exam syllabus, so you increase your chances of qualifying. Before starting, you must thoroughly read the syllabus and understand the different sections. It is essential to note that no part of the syllabus should be ignored.
- Prepare study material and notes well in advance: If you are an aspirant who wants to qualify HTET, you must prepare your study material well in advance and equip yourself well with all the important information about different subjects. Study notes can help you prepare well and can help in quick revision before the examination. It will also help you in remembering and understanding more.
- Give mock exams: Giving mock exams will help you boost confidence while giving you an idea about how well you will perform in the examination, your level of preparation and the different types of questions asked. By giving mock papers and practicing previous years’ question papers, you can perfect your time management strategy. It will also give you a fair idea of how well-versed you are with the syllabus.
Thus, proper planning and a good strategy can help you be well-prepared for HTET. All the best!