HTET Duration, Exam Pattern, Schedule, & more

About HTET Exam

HTET is a written examination conducted by the Haryana Board of School Education. It is an aptitude test to check the potential of the Elementary, Secondary, and Senior Secondary School teachers.

The HTET Schedule is divided into three levels. Candidates looking to work in the primary section must appear for Level 1. Level 2 is suitable for Trained Graduate Teachers who can teach classes from 2-8. Candidates looking to teach the Secondary section from classes 8 and above must appear for Level 3.

Level of Examination

It is a state-level examination for teachers who wish to work in Haryana. Candidates who clear this examination are recognized as teachers by the Department of School Education of Haryana. They are also affiliated with the State Board of Education.

The HTET Schedule opens annually for all three levels. The exam is conducted based on the guidelines of the National Council for the Education Department of Haryana. Candidates who qualify for the written examination will get a TET certificate. This certification is valid for 5 years. Upon receiving the certification, candidates can apply for the upcoming HTET vacancies.

HTET Duration and Exam Pattern

The exam pattern varies based on the level. The total number of questions for the examination is 150 for all three levels. The HTET duration is 2 hours and 30 minutes. Some of the important points of the HTET Schedule to remember are:

  • The exam is conducted in offline mode.
  • Multiple choice questions are asked in the examination.
  • You will receive 1 mark for each correct answer.
  • You can choose the language of your paper as it is available in English and Hindi both.

You can read on to check the detailed HTET schedule of each level.

HTET Schedule for Primary Teacher- Level 1

Class 1 to 5

There are a total of 8 sections divided amongst 150 questions with a stipulated HTET duration.

SectionsNo. of QuestionsMarks
Quantitative Aptitude1010
Reasoning Ability1010
General Awareness1010
Child Development and Pedagogy3030
Hindi1515
English1515
Mathematics3030
Environmental Studies3030
Total150150

HTET Exam Pattern for Trained Graduate Teacher- Level 2

Class 5 to 8

There are a total of 7 sections with the HTET duration time of 2 hours 30 minutes.

SectionsNo. of QuestionsMarks
Quantitative Aptitude1010
Reasoning Ability1010
General Awareness1010
Child Development and Pedagogy3030
Hindi1515
English1515
Subject opted by Candidates6060
Total150150

HTET Schedule for Post-Graduate Teacher- Level 3

Class 8 onwards

SectionsNo. of QuestionsMarks
Quantitative Aptitude1010
Reasoning Ability1010
General Awareness1010
Child Development and Pedagogy3030
Hindi1515
English1515
Subject opted by Candidates6060
Total150150

HTET Result

The result of the HTET Exam is available on the official government site. It is important to remember that the weightage of the written examination is 80%. The remaining 20% is for the personal interview round, in case of the recruitment. 

HTET Cutoff

The HTET Cutoff is the same for all levels of examination. The candidates who manage to score to that level only get the HTET Certificate. However, there are relaxations for some categories. 

The unreserved category candidates require 60%, while the SC and physically challenged candidates of Haryana need 55%. The SC and physically challenged of other states require a minimum of 60% to clear the HTET exam. 

HTET Validity Duration

The candidates who qualify for the examination receive an HTET Certification. This certificate is valid for a lifetime. It was earlier only valid for seven years, but that rule is changed now.

Conclusion

Candidates willing to appear for the HTET exam need to be ready as there is a cutthroat competition to clear the test. It is important to understand the HTET duration, HTET syllabus, and HTET schedule before submitting the application form.

The syllabus is varied. Thus, one must prepare properly before appearing for the exam. However, if you cannot clear the exam on the first attempt, you can always appear next year. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *