HTET (Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the Board of Secondary Education Haryana for the recruitment of Teachers. It is an offline exam that recruits for the posts of Level 1 (Primary Teachers- PRT), Level 2 (Trained Graduate Teachers- TRT), and Level 3 (Post Graduate Teachers- PGT).
Passing the HTET exam makes a candidate eligible for a certificate that carries lifetime validity. This is why the exam is crucial for aspiring teachers who wish to hold a position in government schools. All those candidates who want to appear for the HTET exam must be careful with the HTET application process.
To help candidates with the know-how of how to apply for the HTET exam, we have provided complete details below:
HTET Application Process
Even though the application process of the HTET exam isn’t complicated, a candidate should fill the form carefully to avoid making mistakes that might lead to the rejection of the form. There are two stages for the registration process of the HTET exam, and an applicant must fill in both for successful submission of the application form. Here is the step-by-step process that an applicant can follow while filling the HTET application:
- Registration Process-I of HTET Application
- Visit the official website of Board of School Education Haryana, www.bseh.org.in.
- On the home page, click on the link “Apply for HTET 2021.”
- The candidate is advised to read all the instructions as stated carefully.
- Enter personal details marked mandatory, such as candidate’s full name, religion, parent’s name, gender, valid mobile number, date of birth, email id, permanent and temporary address, educational qualifications etc.).
- Upon filling the HTET application form, check it once for any errors and then click on the submit button.
- Once the form is submitted, the candidate will be issued a provisional user ID and a Registration number over the registered email address.
- Registration Process-II of HTET Application
- In stage 2 of the HTET application registration process, the candidate will be required to submit a recent coloured passport size photograph, thumb impression and a scanned copy of the signature of the candidate, as per the specifications stated below:
- Photograph: Size- 20kb to 50kb and Dimensions- 3.5cm X 4.5cm
- Thumb Impression: 10kb to 30kb
- Signature:10kb to 20kb
- Upon submission of the above requirements, the candidate is required to pay the application fees in order to complete the registration process.
- The application for different levels is as under:
- Level I (PRT): Rs. 1000
- Level I (PRT) + Level II (TRT): Rs. 1800
- Level I (PRT) + Level II (TRT) + Level III (PGT): Rs. 2400
- Once all the steps are completed, and the payment is made, the candidate must either download the copy of the filled-in HTET application form or take a printout for future references.
HTET Application Process Vital Highlights
There are a few pointers to adhere to and some vital aspects to consider while filling the HTET application form. They are as follows:
- HTET application form can only be filled online.
- A candidate has to apply for all three levels separately with a separate application fee.
- For successful submission of the application form, it is vital for an applicant to submit identification proof and mobile number with correct information; failing to do so might reject the application.
- Once the application fee is submitted, a candidate cannot ask for a refund, as per the HTET board guidelines.
- The HTET application form cannot be submitted after the HTET form submission window closes.
- The format for photograph, signature and thumb impression is JPG.
- The candidate’s date of birth should be as per the secondary/Class 10th Certificate.
- The payment method for the application is online.
- The Board provides a correction window for the applicants who made errors while filling the HTET application form and submitted it as such. The window opens after all the applications are submitted, and the applicant must pay the HTET application correction fees for the process.
- Applicants must keep the hard copy/printed copy of the HTET online confirmation page with them for future references.
The HTET exam is crucial for those candidates who wish to have a career as a teacher in the state of Haryana. The position offers a good salary and stability for teachers, and to ensure you do not miss out on the opportunity, be thorough while filling the information in the HTET application form.
Teachmint has unique features that give a new perspective to education. Our lms solution is designed to suit the needs of teachers and students. With our features like erp for schools, you can make your processes more efficient.