One of the most difficult exams in India is the CTET. After passing the CTET, candidates may teach classes 1 to 8. In order to become a teacher, you must pass the certification examination. For this reason, candidates must plan strategically before taking the exam, like understanding the CTET qualification and seeing the tips you were missing. We will be helping you prepare for the CTET in this blog.
About CTET Exam
- The Central Board of Secondary Education conducts the Central Teacher Eligibility Test to recruit teachers for classes 1 through 8.
- It is conducted twice a year and is divided into 2 shifts, Paper I and Paper II, which are conducted on the same day in two shifts.
- The examination takes place offline throughout the country, while the application process is online.
- It is bilingual (i.e., Hindi and English) and consists only of multiple-choice questions.
- There are 150 questions on each paper, each carrying one mark and no negative marking.
- The exam lasts for two hours and thirty minutes.
Now understand the CTET qualification and follow the below-mentioned tips and tricks:
Education CTET Qualification
When you apply to CTET as a primary school teacher, you must have 45% in your 12th grade. To be eligible to become an elementary teacher, you must have a graduation with 45% marks and a 12th-grade pass with 50% marks.
What Is The Online Application Process For CTET Exam?
- The first step in applying for CTET is to visit the official website.
- Then, you will need to click on the application option on the home page.
- You must then complete the application form after reading the CTET qualification with all the details requested.
- The application form can be saved and downloaded.
Tips For Preparing For The CTET
Here are some tips on how to prepare for the CTET exam 2022 that you should keep in mind:
- Get To Know The CTET Exam Pattern
It’s important for aspirants to be familiar with the CTET exam pattern, which is one of the most important CTET preparation tips that they tend to overlook. In addition to helping aspirants with their exam preparations and knowing what type of questions will be asked in the exam, knowing the exam pattern will boost their morale and confidence.
- Become Familiar With The Syllabus
In addition to knowing and getting familiar with the exam pattern, another CTET preparation tip that aspirants should adhere to is becoming familiar with the correct syllabus and marking scheme. There are two CTET syllabuses for Paper I and Paper II. Candidates must know how they differ. Hence, candidates must try to cover the entire CTET syllabus and understand the CTET qualification.
- Plan Your Timetable
A pro CTET preparation tip for those who want to excel in the CTET exam is to make a schedule for their practice and revision. Plan your priorities and daily tasks the night before and prepare a daily schedule that can easily be followed and completed the following day.
- Concentrate On Your Weaknesses
Find out where your weaknesses are and where you need to improve. Before starting to practice in your weak areas, try to understand and master all the fundamentals. You don’t need to focus on fundamental ideas in your strong areas; instead, you should practice as many problems from those topics as possible. It is excellent CTET preparation advice for thriving in your weak areas to practice as many previous year CTET question papers as possible. In addition to strengthening your weak spots, this will help you become familiar with the test structure and time management.
- Read Important Books For CTET Preparation
It is a good idea to read at least one key textbook for each topic included in the CTET exam syllabus. Also, you can practice with NCERT Books from Class 3rd to Class 12th. Also, you may prefer to read a book from another publication other than NCERT. If you are planning to take the CTET Exam, you can also select any of the books from renowned publishers like Arihant, Disha, or Upkar Publication.
- Preparation Of Brief Notes
Making notes on different topics is another CTET preparation tip after you have read important books, understood the CTET qualification and covered the syllabus. By reviewing these notes at the last minute before the test, you will be able to revise the entire curriculum. You should highlight in your short notes the main points that will be useful throughout the revision session.
- Keep Revising
The most underrated CTET preparation tip is probably this one. Daily or weekly revision of the studied concepts and topics is crucial for aspirants. In the revision process, memorize the concepts, theories, and formulas. Try to grasp the core ideas of the subject, rather than just cramming when you’ve understood CTET qualification.
It is very important to understand the CTET, CTET qualification, and the application process of the same before moving forward with the preparation tips for your next exam. This will help you in getting a clear vision of the ways you can set yourself for the exam.
Teachmint offers scalable solution to educational institutions to help them grow. With our tools like fee management system, institutes can reduce the workload of their staff. To know more about our offerings like the learning management system, visit our website.