The term CTET stands for the Central Teacher Eligibility Test. This national-level examination allows prospective candidates from different streams to pursue a career in the teaching profession. CTET is conducted once every year to select eligible candidates for educating students from Class 1 to Class 8 in different schools and institutions of India like Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
The CTET Exam will be organized into Paper 1 and Paper 2. Applicants who wish to teach students of 1st to 5th standard have to take the CTET Paper 1, and applicants who want to teach students of Classes 6 to 8 have to take Paper 2. Applicants who wish to teach students of Classes 1 to 8 have to take both the papers, i.e., Paper 1 and Paper 2. The official CTET Notification will be released anytime now.
CTET 2022 Key Points:
Listed below are the critical points of the CTET exam 2022:
|CTET Parameters||CTET Details|
|CTET Full Form||Central Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application fees||General/ OBC candidate: Rs. 600 for one Paper and Rs. 1000 for bothSC/ ST candidate: Rs. 300 for one Paper and Rs. 500 for both Papers|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Language||English & Hindi|
CTET Notification 2022
CTET 2022 Exam will take place in January (tentative), while the online application process has already started in December 2021. The official CTET notification for this year is yet to be released.
|CTET Events||CTET Dates|
|Release of Official CTET Notification||January 2022 (tentative)|
|Commencement of Online Application Process||To be notified|
|Last Date of Application Process||To be Notified|
|Release Date of Admit Cards||January 2022 (tentative)|
|CTET Exam Date||To be notified|
|CTET Results date||To be notified|
Only the aspirants who are permanent residents of India can apply for the CTET, and the residents of Bhutan and Nepal are also eligible to appear for the exam. To appear for the CTET Exam 2022, aspirants need to meet the eligibility criteria discussed below:
CTET Eligibility: Age Limit
Aspirants must be 20- 21 years of age to apply for the CTET exam, and there is no upper age limit to apply for the CTET Exam.
CTET Educational Qualification: Class I-V (Primary Stage)
The required education qualification and academic background for both primary and elementary stages are discussed below:
- The aspirants must have finished their senior secondary with at least 50% marks and have appeared or passed in the final year examination of Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Passed Senior Secondary with a minimum of 45% marks & must have passed or appeared for the final year examination of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education as per the NCTE regulations, 2002, or
- Passed Senior Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and must have passed or appeared for the final year examination of 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.), or
- Passed Senior Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks & have passed or appeared in the final year examination of 2-year Diploma in Special Education, or
- Must be a Graduate and have Passed or appeared for the final year examination of two years of Diploma in Elementary Education
CTET Educational Qualification: Class VI-VIII (Elementary Stage):
- Graduation and passed or appearing for the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education, or
- Finished graduation with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or appeared for the final exam of 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed), or
- Finished graduation with a minimum of 45% marks and have passed or appeared for the final exam of 1-year Bachelor in Education (B. Ed), as per the NCTE regulations, or
- Passed Senior Secondary with a minimum of 50% marks and have passed or appeared for the final year exam of 4-year B.A.Ed./ B.Sc.Ed, or B.A./ B.Sc.Ed, or
- Completed Graduation with 50% marks and have passed or appeared in final exams of 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)
All the candidates appearing in the CTET 2022 are advised to keep their eyes and ears open for the official CTET notification. The official notification will provide candidates with all the necessary info and updates. Therefore, keep visiting the official CTET websites regularly.
Teachmint offers scalable solution to educational institutions to help them grow. With our tools like fee management system, institutes can reduce the workload of their staff. To know more about our offerings like the learning management system, visit our website.