The CTET full form is the Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) administers the CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) twice annually. CTET qualifications are determined by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE).
Before appearing for the CTET exam, candidates should familiarize themselves with the qualification measures and the CTET full form. Passing 10+2 assessments or finishing graduation with 50 percent total marks, including educator preparation programs, are two fundamental prerequisites for meeting CTET qualification standards. Candidates should be aware of some important information before applying for the test. The following information is provided:
- Prior to applying for the CTET exam, make sure you verify the CTET qualifications and CTET full form.
- The test consists of two papers – I and II.
- Check CTET exam design for information on the purpose of Paper-I, which is intended for candidates who wish to demonstrate Classes I-V and Paper-II, which is intended for candidates who wish to demonstrate Classes VI-VIII.
- Candidates who need to qualify for education in Classes I-VIII must appear for both papers I and II.
- Everyone must pass the CTET with a passing rate of 60 percent.
Teachers’ Education Criteria For The Primary Stage:
To become a primary school teacher, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You must have passed your 10+2 exam with at least 50% marks from a recognized institute.
- Students must pass the 10+2 board exams with at least 50% marks and pass or appear in the final year of the two-year diploma in teaching.
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor of Education degree from a good school or institution and have graduated with a minimum of 50 percent marks.
Elementary Stage Teachers Must Meet the Following Criteria:
Once you know the CTET full form, it is good for you to understand the eligibility criteria. The following criteria must be met by candidates:
- A bachelor’s degree in any field and passing or appearing in the final year of the two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed).
- At least a 50 percent mark in graduation in any stream and passing or enrolling in a one-year B.Ed program.
- Graduation with at least 45 percent marks and pass or appear in one-year B.Ed program in accordance with the NCTE principles and standards.
- Passed the 10+2 board exams from a recognized organization with at least 50 percent marks and passed or will be appearing in the final year of the four-year B.El.Ed program.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 board exam from a recognized organization with minimum marks of 50 percent and must have passed or will be appearing in the final year of a four-year BA/BSc.Ed or BA.Ed/BSc.Ed program.
- Graduated with at least 50% marks and passed or is appearing in a one-year B.Ed. in Special Education.
Education CTET Qualification
When you apply to CTET as a primary school teacher, you must have 45% in your 12th grade. To be eligible to become an elementary teacher, you must have a graduation with 45% marks and a 12th-grade pass with 50% marks.
What Is The Online Application Process For CTET Exam?
Now, after you’ve understood the CTET full form and essential details, it is good for you to focus on the application process:
- The first step in applying for CTET is to visit the official website.
- Then, you will need to click on the application option on the home page.
- You must then complete the application form after reading the CTET qualification with all the details requested.
- The application form can be saved and downloaded.
CTET: Exam Pattern
Candidates must first familiarize themselves with the CTET full form and then with the CTET Exam pattern.
- The CTET exam will take place online.
- There will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) in both Hindi and English in the examination papers.
- There will be 150 marks for each of the two papers.
- There will be one mark for each question.
- A negative mark will not be given.
- There will be two papers – I and II – and both will last for 2 hours 30 minutes.
In A Nutshell
By now, you must have a clear insight of what the CTET exam is, the CTET full form, and all the other basic details that you need prior to getting ready with your preparation for the exam. This will make your understanding regarding the exam pretty clear and straightforward, and you will be able to plan accordingly and wisely.