The CSIR NET official website is responsible for providing students with all the necessary information about the CSIR UGC NET teaching aptitude test. From important exam dates to the information bulletin, CSIR NET official website is the one-stop solution to all CSIR NET queries. Here’s what you’ll find on the CSIR NET official website.
About The CSIR NET Teaching Aptitude Test
CSIR UGC NET is a computer-based national level test designed to select candidates for the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) award and the appointment of eligible candidates as lecturers in government and private Indian universities/colleges. CSIR NET takes place twice a year – June and December to allow capable researchers and lecturers to contribute their knowledge to the education sector.
Earlier, the exam body responsible for conducting the exam was the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), but since 2019, it has been conducted by the National Test Agency (NTA).
Important Links/ Current Events/ News and Events
Next, you’ll notice three different sections of the website that are important notes, current events, news, and events. These sections offer information about the latest events, the announcement of results, notices released, other things that will occur, and much more.
To start the application process for the teaching aptitude test, candidates need to register themselves for the exam on the CSIR NET official website. Here’s how to register yourself on the official website of CSIR NET.
- Go to the official website of the national level exam – csirnet.nta.nic.in
- Candidates need to select the link available for filling the application form.
- Press the New Registration button to proceed.
- Download the information brochure provided for the CSIR NET exam and read all the instructions and guidelines carefully.
- Mark all the checkboxes at the bottom of the page, then press the ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button. Upon pressing the button, the CSIR NET exam registration form will appear on the screen.
- Fill up all the information asked in the registration form.
Eligibility Criteria for CSIR NET Exam
Among other information about CSIR NET, you’ll also find the eligibility criterion for teaching aptitude tests on the CSIR NET official website.
- Students appearing for UGC CSIR NET must have an M.Sc. or an equivalent degree. This comprises integrated BS and MS, BS of 4 years, MBBS, B.tech, or B.pharm.
- Candidates from the general, economically weaker section and OBC-NCL require a minimum of 55% marks in their last degree to be eligible for the UGC CSIR NET examination. Meanwhile, candidates from the SC/ST and physically/visually challenged category must have 50% marks in their last qualifying degree.
- Students enrolled in an MS-PhD program and aspirants with B.Sc. Honours and
equivalent degrees are also eligible to take the exam. General and OBC students for this must have a minimum of 55% marks in the last qualifying degree, and SC/ST and physically and visually challenged applicants must have 50% marks.
- To obtain the junior research fellowship, the maximum age limit is 28 years. There is a five-year relaxation in the age limit for SC/ST candidates, females, and those with a disability. OBC applicants from the non-creamy layer are also given a relaxation of three years.
- For those who want to become lecturers in any of the colleges/universities of India, there is no upper age limit.
Anyone looking forward to applying for the CSIR NET exam needs to fulfill all these eligibility criteria; otherwise, their application will not be approved.
Important Dates and Admit Card
The CSIR NET official website is also responsible for releasing the important exam dates (including the start date of application form filling, last date of form filling, exam date, etc.) and admit cards for the exam. It is vital to keep track of all the important exam dates and information regarding admit cards as without an admit card, you won’t know about your examination center and exam timings.
We hope this article gave you a better understanding of the CSIR NET official website. It is imperative for all the CSIR NET candidates to regularly visit the official website and check for any new updates.