Preparing for EdCET? The article provides a detailed understanding of the EdCET examination, the eligibility criteria, and how to apply for EdCET.
EdCET is a state-level entrance examination that is specifically for Andhra Pradesh. The full form of EdCET is the Education Common Entrance Test, which is conducted for aspirants willing to make a career in Education and wanting to become State Government Teachers. It is driven by Sri Venkateswara University and facilitated by APSCHE. The exam is for assisting candidates in getting admission in B.Ed Regular Course in numerous Government-aided and Private Colleges of Education in Andhra Pradesh. Here are the examination details, including eligibility, exam pattern, admit card, and other information.
AP EdCET 2022 Exam Highlights
|Full-Form||Andhra Pradesh Education Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati|
|Courses offered||B.Ed Regular Course|
AP EdCET Eligibility
The aspirants need to read the complete eligibility criteria carefully for EdCET before they apply for the examination. The candidate must fulfill all the requirements depending on nationality, age limits, education, etc.
- Candidates should have Indian nationality.
- They should fulfill Local/Non-local status requirements as mentioned in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions.
Academic Qualification for EdCET
- The applicant should have passed or appeared for final year exams, including B.A., B.Sc., B.Sc. (Home Science), B.Com., B.C.A or B.B.M, when applying for AP EdCET 2022.
- The applicants must produce marked memos and pass certificates during the process of admission.
- The General category candidates need a minimum of 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and in the Postgraduate Degree in relevant subjects or do a five-year integrated course in the relevant subject of methodology.
- The candidates of reserved categories like S.C., S.T., O.B.C., or PwD need to get a minimum of 40% marks to qualify for the examination.
Note: B.E/B.Tech passed candidates with Mathematics or Physics are also eligible for admission into the given course.
|Category||Qualifying Marks in the Qualifying Examination|
Age Limit for Application for EdCET
The candidate should be more than 19 years of age in the year the notification came out. The maximum age limit is not defined.
|Minimum Age Limit||19 years|
|Upper Age Limit||No upper Limit|
Eligibility Criteria for Subject Choice Under Part C
The applicants who have graduated in the required discipline must see the eligibility criteria to apply for B.Ed in the needed domain.
For Mathematics, the criteria are B.A/B.Sc. with Mathematics or B.C.A. with Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject or B.Tech with Mathematics & Physics.
For Physical Sciences, you must have done B.Sc. with Physics and Chemistry or Allied Material Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. with Physical Sciences at intermediate level as a group subject.
For Biological Sciences, you need to do B.Sc./B.Sc. (Home Science) with Botany and Zoology or Allied Life Sciences under Part-II group subjects or B.C.A. with Biological Sciences at intermediate level as your group subject.
Social Studies involves the course of B.A./B.Com./B.B.M. or B.C.A. with Social Sciences at an intermediate level.
For English, you need to do B.A. Special English or M.A. English.
AP EdCET 2022 Reservation
There is a reservation of 85% of seats in each discipline for the local candidates, and the remaining 15% is for the unreserved candidates.
AP EdCET 2022 Application Form
The applicant can apply through online mode only. There are primarily four steps for filling out the EdCET 2022 application form. The application form filling process for EdCET is given below:
Step-1: Registration: Candidates need to visit the AP EdCET official website and fill in some basic credentials such as Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Email ID, and Password. After this, they must secure the Registration Number and Password received.
Step-2: Fee Payment: Candidates have to make the Online Fee Payment through this option. Candidates can check the Success/Failure status of their Fee Payment online itself.
Step-3: Fill Application: Candidates need to fill in some basic details in the Application form, such as Category, Address, Educational details, etc. Candidates should verify all the details carefully and press the Submit tab.
Step-4: Print Application Form: The filled application Form of EdCET will be generated, which contains the registration number and details. Candidates may print the submitted form for future reference.
AP EdCET 2022 Application Fee
The Application fee for AP EdCET 2022 for various categories is mentioned in the table below.
Candidates should note that fees once remitted for EdCET will not be refunded. The payment can be submitted using the following modes:
- AP Online
- Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking
AP EdCET 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for EdCET 2022 is released after completing the application process. The admit card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully submitted the application form. One can download the admit card by visiting the official website of EdCET:
Step 1: Candidates should visit the EdCET official website.
Step 2: On the official website, click on the tab for “Hall Ticket Download.”
Step 3: Candidates are required to enter their Payment Reference Id and Application number carefully in the fields provided.
Step 4: Once you fill in all the details on the EdCET form, you need to click on the ‘Download Hall Ticket’ tab.
Step 5: The online Admit card for AP EdCET 2022 will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Candidates are required to download and print multiple copies of the same. Admit cards should be saved for further process.
Details in the Admit card
EdCET 2022 Admit card is an important document that contains some vital information such as:
- Roll number of candidate
- Registration number of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Category of the candidate (as mentioned in the Application form)
- Date and time of the AP EdCET 2022 entrance exam
- Reporting time at the AP EdCET 2022 Exam Centre
- List of documents candidate has to bring on the exam day
- AP EdCET 2022 exam conducting authorities will entertain no request to change the exam venue or exam timings.
- In case candidates find any mistake in the Admit Card, they should immediately contact the authorities.
EdCET 2022 Exam Pattern
- EdCET 2022 will have 150 MCQs or multiple-choice questions.
- The timing of the EdCET entrance test is 2 hours. Every correct response will be awarded one mark.
- The paper will include questions from the subjects including General English, Teaching Aptitude, General Knowledge, and Methodology.
- The question paper will be available in English and Telugu languages, except for English methodology. But candidates can also write the test in Urdu medium, and such candidates need to opt for Kurnool as Test Centre.
The candidates who are willing to make a career as a Government School Teacher need to apply for the EdCET exam and pass with the qualifying marks. We hope you found the details in this article useful.
Try Teachmint, an integrated school platform for efficient school management.