ASRB NET is a well-regarded exam. It is held to determine whether or not candidates are qualified to be hired as lecturers. This also recruits individuals for assistant professor positions. They can be appointed at any of the country’s agricultural universities. The test is administered at the national level.
The minimum educational requirement for the test is a master’s degree in the chosen subject. Candidates may also apply if they have equal discipline. Candidates can, however, find additional information and ASRB updates here.
Notifications for the ASRB NET Exam
What exactly is ASRB NET?
The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) welcomes applications for the ASRB NET, commonly known as the ICAR NET, every year (Indian Council of Agriculture Research NET). This exam is used to hire Lecturers and Assistant Professors in State Agricultural Universities and other Agricultural Universities.
Master’s degree holders with the required academic background are qualified to take this exam and become eligible for positions in a variety of areas. This qualification exam allows applicants to apply for positions at various agricultural universities. This article covers all important ASRB updates so that candidates can construct a clear mental image of the exam.
2021 ASRB NET Eligibility
The following are the essential eligibility requirements for applying to ASRB NET 2021:
· A master’s degree or equivalent in the discipline for which you are applying is required.
· Age: The minimum age for applying is 21 as of January 1, 2021.
· The ASRB NET has no upper age limit.
· The number of attempts: There is no limit to the number of ASRB NET attempts.
2021 ASRB NET Selection Process
The ASRB ICAR net selection procedure is as follows:
ASRB NET Application: Following the issuance of the ASRB NET announcement, candidates must apply online at the ASRB’s official website. Registration, filling out basic information, and paying the application cost online are all part of the application procedure.
ASRB NET Admit Card: Successfully registered applicants must download their ASRB NET admit card online; no admit cards will be provided offline.
ASRB NET Exam: The ASRB NET exam is a qualifying exam, and the exam is given entirely online. Looking at the ASRB NET exam schedule, it is obvious that applicants must answer a total of 150 questions in 120 minutes, with each question carrying one mark.
· The test has a negative marking system, with a third of a score lost for each erroneous answer.
· The candidates are quizzed about the subject for which they are appearing.
· Each discipline has its ASRB NET syllabus.
· The papers must be at a master’s degree level.
· Question papers are provided in two languages: English and Hindi.
· If a discrepancy is discovered in any paper, the English medium paper shall be given preference.
ASRB NET Result: Those who meet the cut-off marks will be entitled to apply for lecturer or assistant professor positions when they become available at various agricultural universities.
- For General Category, the Qualifying Percentage is 50%, and Qualifying Marks are 75.
- For OBC, the Qualifying Percentage is 45%, and Qualifying Marks are 67.5.
- For SC/ST/Divyang, the Qualifying Percentage is 40% and Qualifying Marks are 60.
ASRB NET Exam Centers
Exam centers are being established in all major cities around the country. Aspirants can locate exam centers by using the list below:
- Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Vadodara/Anand (Gujrat)
- Kolkata/Barrackpore (West Bengal)
- Shillong/Barapani (Meghalaya)
- Bareilly’s (UP)
- Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
- Bhubaneswar (Odisha) (Odisha)
- Mohali/Chandigarh (Chandigarh)
- Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- Cochin, Kerala (Kerala)
- New Delhi (Uttrakhand)
- Guwahati (Assam)
- Hyderabad (Telangana)
- Indore (Madhya Pradesh)
- Jaipur (India) (Rajasthan)
- Jammu and Kashmir (Jammu and Kashmir)
- Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- Karnal (Haryana)
- Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) (Uttar Pradesh)
- Ludhiana, Punjab (Punjab)
- Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- Nagpur (India) (Maharashtra)
- Patna, India (Bihar)
- Port Blair, India (Andaman and Nicobar islands)
- Sri Nagar, India (Jammu and Kashmir)
- Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh)
Note: In the event of a delay, qualifying candidates may contact the ASRB to issue the ICAR NET certificate.
The ASRB NET is used to hire Lecturers and Assistant Professors in State Agricultural Universities and other Agricultural Universities. We hope this information will motivate you to get aligned with your goals.