The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test, popularly known as the ASRB NET, is a qualifying test conducted with the intention to recruit eligible candidates in various designations as Lecturers, Assistant Professors, etc., to work at Agricultural Universities across the country. This test is also known as the ICAR NET or the Indian Council of Agriculture Research National Eligibility Test. Upon qualifying for this test, the candidate will be able and eligible to apply for teaching posts in all the agricultural universities in India.
In this article, we will know more about the ASRB NET with details like eligibility criteria to take the test, paper pattern for the test, subjects involved, and more importantly, you will be informed with all the latest updates of the ASRB NET Notifications.
Key points about the ASRB NET
- ASRB NET is a national-level test.
- The exam is conducted and monitored by the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board or the ASRB.
- The test is usually conducted once every year in online mode.
- The duration of the test is for two hours.
Paper Pattern ASRB NET
The test is conducted for every candidate based on their chosen subjects that they have the knowledge, understanding, and relative educational experience in. Some of the important points about the ASRB NET paper pattern are:
- To qualify for the ASRB, candidates will have to attempt only one paper.
- All the questions in the test are objective-type multiple-choice questions.
- The total number of questions in the test is 150.
- The maximum number of marks one can attain in the test is 150.
- Each correct answer carries one mark.
- For every wrong answer, ⅓ rd marks are deducted.
ASRB NET Notifications
Let us now look into the latest ASRB NET Notifications, important dates concerning the ASRB NET exam.
30th March 2021: A notification was released by The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board on their official website about the conduction of the ASRB NET in the year 2021.
5th April 2021: The application process begins for the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test at 10 AM.
10th May 2021: Last day for the candidates to apply for the test. The applications close at 5 PM.
10th August 2021: After screening all the applications, the relevant ones will be shortlisted to take the test, and the admit card will be available for download for the candidates.
23rd-27th August 2021: Dates of the online ASRB NET examinations for the year 2021.
The results dates are yet to be announced by the Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board along with this year’s cut-off marks.
Eligibility Criteria for ASRB NET
Any candidate who wishes to take the ASRB NET can take the test any number of times, and there is no limit for the number of attempts. They can write the test as long as they are fulfilling all the remaining eligibility criteria.
- According to the ASRB, the lower age limit to write the ASRB NET test is 21 years.
- There is no upper age limit for any candidate to take the test.
- Only the citizens of India can write the ASRB NET test.
- Citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet who moved to India as refugees and settled here before January 1, 1962, can apply to write the test.
The candidate applying for the ASRB TET must have a master’s degree or equivalent certificate in any of the below-mentioned subjects:
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Agricultural Entomology
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Economic Botany & Plant Genetic Resources
- Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Plant BIochemistry
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Physiology
- Seed Science and Technology
- Floriculture & Landscaping
- Fruit Science
- Spices, Plantation & Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
- Vegetable Science
- Animal Biochemistry
- Animal Biotechnology
- Animal Genetics & Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Animal Reproduction & Gynaecology
- Dairy Chemistry
- Dairy Microbiology
- Dairy Technology
- Livestock Product Technology
- Livestock Product Technology
- Poultry Science
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Pharmacology
- Veterinary Public Health
- Veterinary Surgery
- Fisheries Resource Management
- Fish Processing Technology
- Fish Nutrition
- Fish Health
- Fish Genetics & Breeding
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Environmental Science
- Soil Sciences
- Agricultural Business Management
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension
- Agricultural Statistics
- Home Science
- Farm Machinery & Power
- Computer Applications & IT
- Land & Water Management Engineering
- Food Technology
- Agricultural Structure and Process Engineering
- Veterinary Anatomy (only for NET)
- Agricultural Physics
- Electronics & Instrumentation
- Textile Manufacture & Technology
These are the disciplines one can choose to answer from while taking the ASRB NET exam. With this, we hope you got a better understanding of the ASRB NET, their paper pattern, subjects involved in the test, important dates, and ASRB NET Notifications.
For more information and updates regarding the ASRB NET, ASRB important dates, and ASRB Exam Notifications, continue reading our blogs at TeachMint. Teach Mint is India’s best ed-tech platform for teaching-related competitive exams, where the candidates are trained uniquely to secure their dream jobs.