The full form of ZIO is the Zonal Informatics Olympiad. Students wanting to learn more about computing and related fields can appear for ZIO. It is the preliminary round of the Indian Computing Olympiad held in a pen and paper format. Students appearing for the test are required to solve the questions using algorithmic techniques. However, strong logical abilities can also help in solving the questions asked in the examination.
- The instructions to download the admit cards are given by IARCS before the start of every examination. Students can read the instructions to understand the steps. They can learn more about ZIO by visiting the IARCS website.
- Students also receive a separate mail/SMS confirmation regarding admit card download.
- The SMS/email also contains a link for admit card download.
Every year ZIO sets certain criteria for students appearing for the examination. These criteria decide how many students are eligible for the test.
- The student must be enrolled in a recognized school affiliated with state or central government educational boards. Moreover, the student must be studying in classes 1 to 12.
- Students studying on educational boards across the country are eligible to apply for this test.
- There is no lower age limit for this examination.
Students should prepare well for the examination. They can take help from study materials designed for the preparation of the ZIO test. Moreover, they should focus on studying smartly, instead of studying more for the examination. They can also prepare a study plan for the ZIO test.