Skip to content

Weighted Grades

Weighted grades are grades assigned to a student, which contributes to their final grade. For instance, the final grade of a particular student accounts for 25 percent of his/her school assignments and projects and the rest 75 percent to the written test and exam.

Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the attendance management system for efficient school management.

Weighted grades are also known as the weighted score. It is the average of various sets of grades, where every single set is given a specific yet different level of importance in ranks or points.

Weighted scores are considered a fair way to determine the student’s final grade, as he/she is aware of how a particular course or class is evaluated.

Weighted scores state the different level of importance assigned to various classwork activities.

For example, a student has a curriculum in which surprise tests account for 15 percent, the written exam for 50 percent, group projects for 25 percent, and individual assignments for the rest 10 percent of the final grade. These are known as weighted grades.

However, critics are skeptical about the weighted score method as the student will disregard or not put proper efforts into the course or class being weighed less. As a result, it is very important on the part of the educator and teachers to determine the curriculum, syllabus, and components, and the assigned weight of grades allocated to them.

Know more about LMS portal and how it can help in seamless school operations management.

Introducing the World's First AI-Enabled Connected Classroom Technology
World's First AI-Enabled Connected Classroom Technology