Trained graduate teacher – TGT is the term used to describe a teacher or instructor whose training has been completed. The term does not refer to any course, but it indicates that the instructor is an alumnus of the training institute. Commonly B.ed graduates are referred to as trained graduate teachers.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the library management system for efficient school management.
These TGT’s or trained graduate teachers are eligible to teach in higher education sections of Kendriya Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya. They can also provide their service in the Army schools of the country.
There are some TGT eligibility criteria for the one who wants to become a trained graduate teacher, and we have discussed them below:
- The TGT aspirants should pass the CTET-Central Teacher Eligibility Test conducted by the CBSE and organised by the NCTE-National council for teacher education. This exam is a kind of entrance test for all TGT aspirants.
- The aspirants should be fluent in both Hindi and English and should possess the ability to teach in both of these languages.
- The candidates should possess the B.ed degree before they submit the TGT application.
- The candidate should also acquire the CTET certificate before they apply for TGT.
- The TGT work experience eligibility will apply to the one with a three-year diploma degree after the higher secondary education or degree in electronics in a certified institute.
- The aspirants who want to teach social science will fulfil the TGT eligibility only if they have scored at least 50% in geography, history, and economics as the main subjects. Those who have the honours degree should also have scored 50% in their qualifying examination. They also must have economics, history, science, geography, and political science in the first or second year of graduation.
- The aspirants who want to become a mathematics teacher should have studied physics, chemistry, electronics, or computer science in their graduation with mathematics as the main subject. They must have scored 50% in their qualifying examination, and then only they become eligible.
- For the post of a science teacher, the candidate must have a degree in chemistry, botany, zoology as the main subjects and with 50% marks in the qualifying examinations.
Reservation and relaxation in TGT eligibility:
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.
The examination board of TGT provides reservations for the candidates belonging to the sections like SC, ST, and OBC. Candidates also get a quota of veterans. There are some reservations for female candidates also. Age relaxation is also given to candidates of these sections. Physically disabled candidates are eligible for age relaxation, and KVS members do not have any age limit and have TGT eligibility.
How to apply for TGT?
Many institutions have released the notification for the examination and recruiting of the teachers. And you can apply for them online. You should fill the form before the last date. Make sure that you fulfil all the required eligibility criteria. Also, your age should be above 21 years. There is no upper limit on the age of the aspirant.
To fill the application form, follow these steps:
- Do registration: Visit the official website to start the registration process. You should provide a valid email id to register yourself. Once you have filled in the required information on the page for the application of the particular subject, you can submit the application. An email will be sent to the address that you have provided after the successful submission.
- Make sure that you have all required documents: Before starting the process of filling the application form, make sure that you have all the required documents with you. TGT application form will require a scanned copy of the recent passport size, coloured photo, and signature. It would be best if you also had the academic certificates with you. Along with them, you must have debit/credit card details to complete the payment.
- Complete the payment: You can pay the registration fee online by using a debit or credit card. You can also use KYC or challan to do the same. Make sure that the payment process is successful in avoiding any kind of problems.
- Get a printout of the application: When you have completed the application form, do not forget to take a printout of the same. To that application, affix your passport size photograph and also attach the documents.
The selection process of TGT examination:
The selection of the candidates is entirely based on their performance in the examination conducted. After qualifying for the examination, the candidate also has to give a personal interview organised by the selection committee.
Many people are misinformed about the TGT eligibility criteria even though the number of TGT aspirants is high. The TGT examination has a limited number of eligibility criteria, but candidates have to strictly fulfil every criterion. We hope that the detailed account of the eligibility criteria for TGT provided in this article will help decrease your confusion and give you a perfect vision for your future.