The Government of India has made the TET, or Teachers Eligibility Exam, mandatory for candidates to improve the standard of the teaching profession in India. The exam is conducted to fill positions of teachers for classes I through VIII.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
Each state is responsible for conducting its own TET. Candidates may find it difficult to identify legitimate sources of accurate information. Each state, however, has a dedicated TET exam website where applicants can access solutions to all their queries.
What is Punjab TET?
The Punjab TET, also known as the Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test, is a state-level examination administered once a year by the Punjab State Education Board (PSTET). This exam enables aspirants to be eligible for teaching positions in Punjab’s government schools for the primary and higher primary classes.
Before applying for the exam, candidates can visit the PSTET website, which is the Punjab TET official website, to get correct and updated information about the Punjab TET exam.
An Overview of the Punjab TET Website
The Punjab State Education Board is the official website for the Punjab TET exam. Candidates can get complete access to essential updates, notifications, exam centres, and other vital details on the PSTET homepage.
The website acts as a comprehensive resource for all things related to the Punjab TET. The following information is available to candidates on the official website:
1. News and updates: The PSTET website contains complete information about modifications, examination dates, new rules and regulations, and other details so candidates can stay informed about when the exam will be held and how to apply. This section is limited to updates about the TET exam being held that year. All this information is available on the home page of the PSTET website and can be accessed from there.
2. Eligibility criteria: When a candidate clicks on eligibility criteria on the PSTET website, they are redirected to a separate tab displaying a PDF. This PDF has detailed information about the syllabus of the Punjab TET, the structure of the exam, and the eligibility criteria for applicants. For better insights, find below the eligibility criteria to appear for the Punjab TET:
Eligibility criteria for Punjab TET paper 1
- The candidate should have qualified for their senior secondary with a minimum of 50 per cent marks along with the second year of D.El.Ed/BTC degrees.
- The candidate should have passed their senior secondary with a minimum of 45 percent marks along with the second year of D.El.Ed/BTC degrees.
- The candidate must have passed their senior secondary with a minimum of 50 percent marks along with the four-year B.El.Ed.
- The candidate should be qualified for graduation along with a two-year D.El.Ed/BTC with a minimum of 50 percent marks and BEd.
- Any candidate appearing for the second year of D.El.Ed can also apply for the Punjab TET exam.
Eligibility criteria for Punjab TET paper 2
- The candidate should be pursuing their BA/BSc and must be in the second year of D.El.Ed.
- The candidate must have qualified their BA/BSc with at least 50 percent marks and should be in the first year of their B.Ed.
- The candidate should have passed their senior secondary with a minimum of 50 percent marks along with the four-year B.El.Ed.
- The candidate must have passed their senior secondary with a minimum of 50 percent marks along with the four-year BA.Ed/ BSc.Ed or BA/ BSc.Ed.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 50 percent marks in their BA/BSc along with a one-year B.Ed.
3. Fees: Under the fees section, candidates will be redirected to a separate tab. This PDF has detailed information about the fees structure of the Punjab TET exam.
4. Key dates: The key dates section on the PSTET websites guides candidates about the important dates like date of submission of the application form, date of the exam, date of the result, etc. This can help candidates stay up to date with the schedule of the exam.
5. Downloads: This is a very useful section on the website. The candidate can download their syllabus, admit cards, updated PDF for general announcements, etc.
6. Exam results: The PSTET website is the only platform candidates should use to check their exam results. The results released on the website are guaranteed to be legitimate because it is the official website for the Punjab TET.
Any applicant interested in taking the Punjab TET should access the PSTET website to access the most up-to-date and accurate information. There are many resources available online where aspirants can get an overview of the exam. However, for changes in the exam format, important dates, and application forms, you should always visit the official website.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.