Application, Features, and More
Competitive exams are quite popular in India due to the immense career opportunities they offer for the youth. The preparation of competitive exams demands much more effort than the normal tests, but the jobs associated with these exams offer higher income and security. Passing these exams means getting placed in the most coveted government jobs. In this article, we’ll be discussing such a competitive exam that is specific to the state of Punjab – Punjab TET.
What is Punjab TET?
Punjab TET, aka PSTET, is the Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. It is basically an entrance exam conducted by the State Council of Educational Research and Training for candidates who wish to work as a teacher under the Punjab School Education Board (PSEB) in both the Government and Private sectors. The Punjab Government conducts the test following the guidelines set by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE). The job assigned to the candidates will depend on the cut-off marks obtained by them.
The Punjab TET, conducted once a year, will be mostly in the offline mode as per the pandemic restrictions. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hours.
How to apply for Punjab TET 2021?
The State Council of Educational Research and Training has already commenced the online registration process for Punjab’s state-level Teacher eligibility test. You can fill the application form for Punjab TET in the online mode only. For this purpose, you should visit the Punjab board’s official site: http://www.pseb.ac.in/en. If you are really willing to write the exam, we’d suggest you start applying right away.
Online form fee:
Carefully read the details before you pay the fee for Punjab TET. Here are the most basic details of the fee structure related to the Punjab TET 2021 application:
- The application fee for candidates belonging to the General category is Rs.600 for Paper 1 and Rs 1200 for Paper 2.
- For SC/ST candidates, the fee will be Rs. 300 and Rs. 600 for Paper 1&2, respectively.
- No application fee will be incurred from the ex-serviceman.
Punjab TET – Eligibility Criteria
Like any exam, Punjab TET too sets eligibility criteria, according to which candidates can apply. Want to know the Punjab TET eligibility criteria? Scroll down.
Punjab TET eligibility criteria for aspiring teachers of Class 1st to 5th
- The candidates must have cleared the Senior Secondary examination and passed with at least 50% marks. Candidates who are pursuing their 2-year diploma course in elementary education are also eligible to apply. OR
- The candidates should have cleared their 12th class exams with a minimum of 45% marks and must also have 2 years diploma in elementary education from NCTE recognized institute. OR
- The candidates should have passed their 12th exams with a minimum of 50% and should also have finished four years of the Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EL.ED). OR
- The candidates applying for the exam must have passed their 12th exams with a minimum of 50% and passed the final year of Diploma in Education. OR
- The candidates should have graduated and passed or should be pursuing the final year of Diploma in Elementary Education.
Punjab TET eligibility criteria for aspiring teachers of Class 6th to 8th
- The candidates applying for this level should have graduated two years of Diploma in elementary education OR
- The candidates applying for this level should have at least 50% marks in 12th grade and must have done the 1-year B.Ed program OR
- The candidates who wish to apply for this level must have graduated with at least 45% marks. Along with this, the candidate should have passed or should be pursuing the 1-year Bachelor in Education as per the recently updated NCTE rules and regulations.
- The candidates should have passed their 12th exams with a minimum of 50% and should have passed the last year of the 4-year B.Sc/B.A. or B.Sc.Ed/B.A.Ed course.
Punjab TET Examination Features
Now that we’ve taken a quick look at the Punjab TET eligibility criteria let’s go through the other important features of the Punjab TET exam
- Duration of Exam: 2.5 hours
- Number of Questions: 150
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Question
- Number of Papers: 2; Paper 1 will be conducted for candidates aspiring to teach classes 1 to 5, while Paper 2 is for those who want to teach classes 6 to 8.
- Age limit: The candidates should be at least 18 years old. There is, however, no upper age limit.
- Tentative Date: January 2022
Now, you are all set to attend Punjab TET. You just need to apply and start preparing. In this blog post, we have covered almost all important details you need to know, ranging from Punjab TET eligibility criteria to applying procedures and other features. Passing Punjab TET will not be very hard if you put in an effort consistently. So, start doing that and pass the exam with flying colors.