The CGTET or Chhattisgarh Teacher Eligibility test is the official exam conducted by the Chhattisgarh government. The exam is meant to screen and select new teachers for jobs in government and private schools in the state. Read how to become a teacher.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
The students can give the exam once a year, which includes Paper I and Paper-II. While Paper I is meant to select teachers for classes 1 to 5, Paper-II is for candidates looking to teach classes 6 to 12.
The exam is under the management of the Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board, headquartered in Raipur.
CGTET Website Overview
As this exam is under the domain of the Chhattisgarh professional examination board, the exam details can be accessed from the official exam board website, https://vyapam.cgstate.gov.in/.
The examination details can be accessed from the examination tab. Here you can check the recruitment notifications, eligibility, and the entrance details of the same.
Under Eligibility, you will find the conditions under which you can give the exam. In other words, it provides information on who can and who cannot appear for the
Under this tab, you will find the official circulars provided by the exam board, and they can be accessed for free. Anytime you want to go through the details of the exam, the circulars present under this tab are the best option.
They are categorized year-wise so aspirants can compare the changes in the exam details from previous years.
To check the exam result, visit the ‘Result’ section on the Chhattisgarh Examination Board website and click on Eligibility followed by TET. Here you will find the year-wise TET exam results.
On the Chhattisgarh Examination Board homepage, you will find quick links to different circulars and notifications provided by the officials. Above the notifications, different tabs redirect you to the active and most desirable links like Online Applications, Admit Card, Center List, etc. You can check them out and find the required information quickly.
That is all about the CGTET website accessible from the official examination board website. Moving on, we will discuss a few things about the CGTET exam.
Understanding the CGTET Exam
Held once a year, the CGTET exam is essential to crack if you want to work in any government or private school in Chhattisgarh. Before you sit the exam, there are a few eligibility conditions. These are:
- You should have got at least 50% marks in B.Ed or Bachelor of Pedagogy degree.
- If not this, a 2-year diploma in Primary Education will also be considered.
- Before the college education, you must have got at least 45% marks in the Higher Secondary exams.
- If a candidate has completed B.Ed or B.Sc, or D.Ed with 45% marks, they can apply for Paper I and II.
The CGTET exam pattern is simple. There are 150 questions in Paper I and Paper II, each in the form of MCQs. The best thing about the exam is that there is no negative marking. The time allowed to complete each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
After you have passed Paper I or Paper II, or both, you will be called for an interview. Your selection depends on the cumulative score obtained in these two stages.
How to Pass the CGTET Exam?
Passing the exam requires preparing for it well and ensuring you get most of the attempted questions right. As the selection is based on the merit list, you need to ensure that you have got the top rank.
Here are a few tips to help you prepare better:
- Make sure to go through the previous years’ papers while preparing. This will help you get an idea about the type of questions you will attempt in the exam.
- Do not miss out on any subject listed in the syllabus. Cover every topic while practicing questions from the same regularly.
- Get help from the internet and some recommended books.
- Apart from knowing what to learn, make sure to find out what not to learn. Often, students burden themselves with unnecessary knowledge and end up covering irrelevant topics and subjects.
- Cement your practice by giving a complete mock exam at home. Set the timer to 2 hours and 30 minutes while attempting the previous years’ question papers. This will help you better manage your time during the exam.
The CGTET exam is your gateway to becoming a teacher in Chhattisgarh. As both government and private schools require you to pass the exam, you must follow the right advice from the get-go.
Among the available sources to know more about the exam, the CGTET official website is the best option. Here you will find accurate information about the exam along with all the updates.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.