The SLET Syllabus should be studied by those preparing for the SLET recruitment. In advance of the test, candidates are advised to watch the SLET syllabus to plan and strategize the preparation. It is also recommended that the candidates understand the syllabus for both papers in detail to ace the exam without difficulty.
The test is expected to evaluate the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. The candidates also must have a basic knowledge of the nature of a concept, the meaning and truth basis, and the source of information.
Why are the SLET Exams Conducted?
The SLET exam test is conducted to evaluate the teaching/research aptitude of the aspirants. They are supposed to:
- Possess and exhibit cognitive abilities such as comprehension, analysis, evaluation, and understanding the structure of arguments.
- Assessing and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Analyzing the evidence with unique reference to analogical arguments and inductive generalization, estimation, classification, and definition.
- Evading logical discrepancy arising from failure to recognize logical relevance due to ambiguity and vagueness in the language.
Let’s look at the SLET syllabus now to understand both the papers that comprise the SLET examination:
- The SLET Exam is an offline test. The candidate needs to clear this offline test to qualify for the post.
- This offline test includes two papers (Both papers are MCQ-based tests).
- Paper 1: Includes General subjects that are further classified as Test reasoning, Divergent Thinking, Comprehension, and General Awareness.
- Paper 2: Includes the Core Subject that is opted by the candidate at the time of applying.
- Both the papers are a total of 300 Marks, including 150 questions (each question is of 2 marks).
- It has no negative marking. Thus a candidate is recommended to attempt all or maximum questions in the SLET exam.
- Finally, the merit list will be released only by the State Level Examination Test, Assam Commission, after a few weeks of the exam. It can be checked on the official website.
SLET Written Test Syllabus
The State Level Entrance Test, or we can say, Assam Commission’s test syllabus comprises two papers. Both papers are objective-based, i.e., include multiple-choice questions.
SLET Syllabus: Paper 1
It consists of General Subjects which are further classified into four sub-topics, including:
- Divergent Thinking.
- Reasoning Ability.
- General Awareness.
SLET Syllabus: Paper 2
It consists of the subject opted by the candidate at the time of applying. Here’s the list of subjects that aspirants can choose:
- Chemical Sciences.
- Environmental Sciences.
- Life Sciences.
- Physical Sciences.
- Computer Science.
- Political Science.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Bodo Education.
How to Download the SLET Written Test Syllabus?
Candidates can download the complete syllabus of the SLET on the official website of Assam Capital Region Development Authority (ASCRDA). The sponsoring bodies give syllabuses, so one can entirely rely on them. You can review the topics in detail to prepare for the test. You can download the syllabus by following these steps.
1st Step: Pay a visit to the official website of the ASCRDA.
2nd Step: The SLET syllabus can be downloaded from the homepage of the website.
3rd Step: The list of subjects will appear on your screen after clicking the link.
4th Step: Click on the topic you want to study from the list.
5th Step: Your screen will display the subject’s syllabus in PDF format.
6th Step: You can download the PDF and begin preparing.
The United States Commission on Higher Education has accepted the UGC and CSIR NET, SLET syllabus. For accurate information on the SLET syllabus, you can visit the official website.
The SLET English Exam is a state-level examination conducted by different state governments in India. The states decided to show their tests, namely State Level Eligibility Tests (SLETs), for recruitment in English Lectureship / Assistant Professor positions and other subjects.
SET (State Eligibility Test) information brochures have been released by the SLET North East Region. A State Eligibility Test will be administered in Assam in February, and the last date to apply for this examination is a few weeks before the examination date. This article provides details about the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), such as exam pattern, eligibility, and other information essential to candidates preparing to take the test. Understanding the SLET syllabus is a must for every aspirant.