Skip to content

Sports Sector Skill Council

The goal of establishing a Sports Skill Council is to pool the efforts of the sports sector in creating an employable workforce and institutional capacity building of existing training providers.

The Sports, Physical Education, Fitness, and Leisure Skill Council (SPEFL-SC) will supplement the existing education system for Sports and Physical Education by meeting the entire value chain’s requirements for appropriately trained manpower in quantity and quality across all levels on a continuous and evolving basis.

About NSDC

The Sports Sector Skill Council is governed by NSDC. The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a non-profit public limited corporation established on July 31, 2008, under Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956. (corresponding to section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013). The Ministry of Finance established NSDC as a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model. Through the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE), the Government of India owns 49% of NSDC, while the private sector owns the other 51%.

NSDC’s goal is to encourage skill development by accelerating the establishment of large, high-quality, for-profit vocational institutions. Furthermore, the organization provides financing to support the development of scalable and profitable vocational training initiatives. Its mandate also includes enabling a support system focused on quality assurance, information systems, and training academies, either directly or through partnerships. 

By giving money to firms, companies, and organizations that provide skill training, NSDC functions as a catalyst in skill development. It also creates models to improve, assist, and coordinate private-sector activities. The NSDC’s differentiated focus on 37 industries and its understanding of their viability will make every area appealing to private investment.

Learn more about Teachmint, the integrated school platform for efficient school management.

Introducing the World's First AI-Enabled Connected Classroom Technology
World's First AI-Enabled Connected Classroom Technology