A million students have received certification from Spell Bee International in the past ten years for vocabulary development. Spell Bee International is an educational research organization that serves about 4000 schools in India and Sri Lanka with English language development products.
The goal is to make language learning enjoyable so that students may understand complex concepts simply.
Individual Spelling Bee Preparation Tips
1) Increase your vocabulary and read a lot of good books. You’ll pick up new vocabulary and useful tips in a spelling notebook, listing the words with the most challenging spellings and the ones that are the most intriguing. Review it sometimes.
2) Learn the words for the week’s spelling test. In your spelling notebook, keep a list of the words you missed on examinations and quizzes.
3) Develop your winning spelling bee strategy. How do you become ready to pronounce a word correctly? Are you more likely to succeed if you-
- Use your finger to trace it.
- Say it out loud.
- Visualize it in your thoughts.
Determine this beforehand. Then, once a week, invite a friend or member of your family to quiz you on a few words in a spelling bee fashion. Become accustomed to correctly spelling challenging words in front of others.
4) Get practice crafting sentences on your own so you don’t always need a partner. Or type them manually into a text file on the computer.
5) Read Trinkle, Andrews, and Kimble’s book “How to Spell Like a Champ”, written for the Scripps National Spelling Bee. The book includes lists of challenging words, tips for practicing for spelling tests, enjoyable quizzes, and more.
Try Teachmint, an integrated school platform for efficient school management.