Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan is a flagship initiative of the Indian government to achieve the Universalisation of Elementary Education. It was initiated in the year 2001. The Indian Constitution’s Article 21 A served to emphasize the objective of the programme. According to the article, children between the ages of 6 and 14 should have free access to schooling. The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India, oversees the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. This programme made education easily accessible to children across the country.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the homework app for efficient school management.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan makes education accessible to children across all strata of society. The initiative also tries to retain children in the system and avoid dropouts. Additionally, the programme aims to retain kids in the education system and prevent dropouts. Children frequently quit school for a variety of reasons, including the lack of neighboring schools, inadequate infrastructure, a shortage of trained teachers in the school, etc. This programme strives to address all of these issues in the education system and bring back students who have dropped out of school and the children who are not attending school.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the Teachers’ Eligibility Test.
Main Objectives Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
- To make education accessible to all minors in the country.
- Improving the infrastructure of the schools for creating a better learning environment.
- Building new schools for children in remote areas.
- Ensure the availability of quality education for the students belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged communities.
- Provide study material to all students.
- Establishment of digital education.
- Improving the quality of education.
- Skill refinement of teachers to deliver quality education.
- Increase the number of teachers.
The initiative is implemented by the central government in collaboration with state and local governments.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.