About the exam
Rajasthan’s Board of Secondary Education has issued the REET syllabus for Papers 1 and 2. The REET Exam 2021 will now take place on September 26th, 2021. REET is a teaching eligibility test administered by the Rajasthan Education Board for candidates interested in teaching classes I through VIII in Rajasthan government schools. The REET exam is divided into two levels: level I and level II.
Candidates, who pass, will be eligible to apply for the 32000 declared Grade III teaching positions. You must be well-prepared and build a strategy based on the REET subject-based syllabus and question paper pattern to pass the exam.
Exam Pattern Highlights
|Parameters||RTET Paper-I (Level I)||RTET Paper-II (Level II)|
|Duration of exam||2.5 hours (150 minutes)||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Number of REET subjects||5||4|
|Question Paper Type||Objective or Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)||Objective or Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Difficulty level of questions in exam||Class 12 level||Class 12 level|
|Marking scheme||+1 for correct answer||+1 for correct answer|
|Negative Marking||No negative marking for wrong answers||No negative marking for wrong answers|
Exam Pattern Analysis
A person who wishes to teach at both levels (classes I through V and classes VI through VIII) must take both exams (Paper I and Paper II). However, before taking the exam, you must thoroughly understand the REET subject-wise syllabus and question paper pattern.
There are 150 total questions of mark each, to be answered in 2.5 hours. There’s no Negative Marking. Paper 1 is for primary school (classes I through V) and Paper 2 is for students in grades 6 through 8.
The best strategy to prepare for REET is to solve previous years’ question papers to get an estimate of how much time you will require to finish the actual exam’s question paper.
- Child Development & Pedagogy
- Child Development: It covers the concept of growth and development and its principles and dimensions, developmental factors (particularly in the setting of home and school) and their relationship to learning.
- The Impact of Heredity and the Environment
- Learning’s meaning and concept, and its procedures; factors affecting learning
- Learning theories and their ramifications
- The learning process, reflection, imagination, and argument.
- Learning Implications and Motivation.
- Individual Distinctions: Definitions, Types, and Factors Affecting Individual Distinctions must be understood.
- Personality: its definition and types, the factors that shape it, and how to measure it
- Intelligence: Definition, Theories, and Measuring The Implications of Multidimensional Intelligence
- Identifying different kinds of learners: retarded, gifted, creative, impoverished and deprived, specially-abled, CWSN, children with learning difficulties
- Difficulties in Learning
- Concept and method adjustments are made—the teacher’s role in adjusting the framework of the National Curriculum Framework 2005.
- The teaching-learning process, teaching-learning tactics, and approaches are discussed.
- Assessment, measurement, and evaluation have different meanings and goals, Comprehensive and Ongoing Evaluation, Construction of an Achievement Test, Action Research on Learning Outcomes
- Language 1
- Language 2
- Environment studies
- Methodologies for expressing ideas
- Environmental elements: a basic understanding
- Habitats and Clothes
- Environment studies: concept, scope, and significance
- Learning principles for ecological education
- Living beings
- Matter and energy are two different things.
- Our civilization and culture
- Personal hygiene
- Rajasthan Pollution, Natural Resources, and Environment Profession
- Institutions and public spaces
- The scope of Environmental studies and its relationship to science and social science
- Communication and transportation
- Mathematical community
- Remedial and diagnostic teaching
- Error analysis and related learning and teaching issues
- Methods of evaluation
- The Indian currency
- LCM and HCF
- Operations in mathematics
- The nature of mathematics and logical reasoning
- Mathematics’s place in the curriculum
- Simple interest
- Unitary method
- Adolescence and reproduction in animals
- Substances containing chemicals
- Motion and force
- Innovation in the human body and health
- Sound and light
- Living being
- Science teaching methods
- Natural science is the study of nature.
- Science’s nature and organization
- Science and technology
- Solar system
- Structure of matter
- Social Studies
- India’s geography and resources
- Rajasthan Government’s Geography and Resources: Composite and Functions
- Rajasthan’s Culture and History
- Indian civilization, culture and society
- Indian constitution and democracy
- Main components of the Earth
- Gupta empires and the post-Gupta period
- The Mauryans
- Middle Ages and the Modern Era
- Development and resources
So, the lists of REET subjects are clearly stated above. One must prepare well with the REET subject specific syllabus and get a hang of the probable questions from the previous years’ question papers. Each REET subject aims at testing your in-depth knowledge in that subject so prepare comprehensively. To know further, have a look at their official website.
We wish the aspirants the best of luck!