Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers (REET) recruitment 2021 has been announced and provides a good chance for anybody interested in pursuing a career as a teacher. The test is held every year by the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education (BSER) for the recruitment of teachers at the primary (Class I to V) and secondary levels (Class VI to VIII).
This year’s REET Exam will take place on September 26th, 2021. Before applying for this test, all applicants should read the complete eligibility conditions to ensure that their application is not denied. Though the formal notice has not yet been released, you can review the predicted REET Eligibility Criteria in the meantime.
Read the entire article to learn more about the REET eligibility requirements, including the REET exam age limit, educational requirements, and more. The official REET Recruitment Notification specifies the REET Eligibility Criteria.
There are three primary parameters of REET qualifying requirements:
- Educational Qualifications
- Age Criteria Requirements
According to the most recent notice, the minimum age requirement for the REET exam 2021 is 18 years, with no upper age limit. Candidates who do not meet the REET age requirements will mostly not be permitted to take the REET 2021 test.
- Educational Qualification
Level 1 – REET Educational Requirements for Classes I-V (Primary)
Minimum requirements for becoming a teacher for grades I through V are as follows: (Any one of the following mentioned below)
- Passed or appearing in the last year of a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education with a minimum of 50 percent marks (by whatever name known)
- A Senior Secondary or equivalent with a minimum of 50 percent and passing or appearing in the last year of a Bachelor of Elementary Education programme (B.El.Ed).
- Graduation and passing or appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education*
- Senior Secondary or equivalent with 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*
- Senior Secondary or equivalent with 50 percent marks and passed or appearing in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education)* (by whatever name known)
Note: B.Ed applicants are not qualified for REET Level 1 according to NCTE.
Level 2 – REET Educational Requirements for Classes VI-VIII (Secondary)
Minimum requirements for becoming a teacher for grades VI through VIII are as follows: (Any one of the following mentioned below)
- Graduation and passing or appearing in the last year of a two-year Elementary Education Diploma (by whatever name known)
- Graduation with at least a 50 percent grade point average and passing or enrolling in a one-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45 percent marks and passing or enrolling in a 1-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) programme in line with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations.
- Senior Secondary (or equivalent) with at least 50% marks and passing or appearing in the last year of a four-year Bachelor’s Degree Programme in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Senior Secondary (or similar) with at least 50% marks and passing or appearing in the last year of a four-year B.A./B.Sc.Ed or B.A. Ed./B.Sc.Ed. programme.
- Graduation with at least a 50% grade point average and passing or enrolling in a one-year B.Ed. Programme (Special Education).
- Nationality Requirements
Candidates seeking REET positions must be Indian citizens. This recruitment is not open to international candidates or anyone with the nationality of other nations.
Other Points to Remember
- Before applying for this REET exam, candidates must have a valid email address.
- Candidates must have a current and valid mobile phone number since this will be required for the application.
- To be eligible for this test, candidates must get a minimum score of 60%.
REET Exam: Selection Criteria
The REET Recruitment selection process will be divided into two stages. Candidates must pass both stages to be considered for a position as a primary or secondary school teacher. The following are the stages:
- Written Exam (For both Level I and Level II)
- Interview with the individual
REET Exam: How to apply online?
Interested and eligible EWS applicants must follow the guidelines to properly submit their online application for REET Recruitment cum Eligibility Examination 2021.
Step 1: To apply for REET Recruitment Cum Eligibility Examination 2021, go to the government website.
Step 2: Candidates will be led to an online Application Form, in which they must fill all of their information.
Step 3: When enrolling for the exam, the candidate must additionally upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature that fit within the specified dimensions.
Step 4: To finish the application procedure, the candidate must pay the application cost through an e-challan or debit card/credit card method.
Step 5: Print the confirmation page that appears once the payment has been completed successfully for future reference.
Step 6: Candidates may also go to the official website and click on the REET Registration tab under the ‘Apply Online’ page, then follow the preceding procedures.
REET Exam: Application Fee
To complete the REET exam application process, candidates must pay the appropriate application costs. The application fee for 2021 has not yet been announced; however, based on previous announcements, we may expect that the application price will be set at the previous recruiting rates listed below.
550 rupees for either Paper I or Paper II
750 rupees for both Paper I and Paper II
REET Exam Cut off marks:
The Hon’ble Supreme Court recently approved revised REET Cut Off Marks for various categories of applicants. The most recent qualifying marks for the REET 2020 exam have been updated.
We hope this article gave you the necessary insights regarding the REET Eligibility Criteria of 2021. Stay tuned for related information!