PRT teacher stands for a primary teacher who is responsible for teaching classes I to V. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) is the body responsible for carrying out recruitment for various posts of teachers such as Trained Teachers, Primary Teachers, and Primary Teachers.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
The KVS exam is conducted for recruitment to various Kendriya Vidyalaya schools that are located throughout the country. These KVS schools are under the central government; therefore, the salary of the teachers are also decided by the central government.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
Recently the central government has declared the 7th Pay Commission for all its employees, which also determines the salary of PRT teachers. After the implementation of the 7th Commission, the salary of KVS teachers has increased substantially. The pay scale of the Principal is the largest, followed by that of the Vice-Principal.
Candidates willing to become PRT teachers have to appear and qualify for the KVS exam, which is conducted every year. All information regarding the examination as well as when it is going to be conducted is released on their official website. The vacancies for each category differ every year. The notification of the KVS exam 2021 is yet to be released.
More information about KVS
The registration of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is under the Societies Registration Act (XXI) of 1860. The main motto of the sangathan is to establish, maintain, manage, and control all the central government schools located throughout the country as well as abroad.
Currently, there are 1299 KVS schools which include 3 schools that are located abroad. KVS also comprises 5 zonal institutes for education and training as well as 25 regional offices across the country. KVS schools provide a secure job along with a good salary and other allowances to all its teachers and also provides a great learning experience for its students.
Eligibility of PRT teachers
The eligibility of PRT teachers are as follows:
- The candidate needs to qualify Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education, or, Senior Secondary with at least 50 percent marks and a 4 year Bachelor of Elementary Education, or, Senior Secondary with 50 percent marks and a 2-year diploma in education.
- The candidate needs to qualify for the Central Teacher Eligibility test that is conducted by the Government of India.
- The candidate must have the proficiency to teach through both English and Hindi mediums.
- The candidate must not be over 3 years of age.
Exam pattern for PRT teachers
The detailed exam pattern for PRT teachers is given below.
|Parts of the exam||Section|
|Part I||General EnglishGeneral Hindi|
|Part II||General knowledgeCurrent affairsReasoning abilityComputer literacy pedagogy|
|Part III||Concerned subject|
The total marks of the exam are 150, and the duration is 150 minutes. Candidates can retake the exam unlimited times at their convenience.
Candidates who clear the written examination have to appear for an interview. The interview round comprises 60 marks. The names of only those candidates who appear on the merit list who have qualified for both the written test and the interview. The merit list is published on the official website of KVS, where the candidates can check their results.
Salary structure of PRT teachers
The detailed salary structure of the PRT teachers as per the 7th Commission is given in the table below.
|Salary components||Salary structure in INR|
|Basic salary according to the 7th Commission||35400|
|House Rent Allowance||3240|
|Total gross salary||40240|
|Total net salary||35000 to 37000|
Important points regarding KVS teachers
- The KVS schools provide some special benefits for women. Women who are on maternity leave receive the entire salary for 6 months, and the relocation and transfers of women take place according to their preferences.
- The holidays received by the KVS teachers are more than most job sectors.
- The working hours are 5 to 6 hours, which gives the teachers ample time to spend with their family or to learn new things.
- The work pressure for KVS teachers is less, and the work-life balance is maintained quite well.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.