PRT is short for Primary Teacher who is responsible for teaching classes I to V. The body that carries out recruitment for various posts of teachers such as Trained Teachers and Primary Teachers is known as Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS).
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
The KVS exam is conducted to recruit teachers at various levels to different Kendriya Vidyalaya schools located throughout the country. These KVS schools are under the central government. Therefore, all the rules and the salary of the teachers are also decided by the central government.
Recently the central government has declared the 7th Pay Commission for all its employees, under which falls the salary of PRT teachers as well. Due to the implementation of the 7th Commission, the salary of KVS teachers has increased significantly. Among the pay scale, the Principal’s is the largest, followed by that of the Vice-Principal.
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
Candidates interested in becoming PRT teachers have to appear and qualify for the KVS exam conducted every year. All important information regarding the examination, its syllabus, and when it is going to be conducted is released on their official website. The vacancies for each category of teacher differ every year. These are also released on the official website. Candidates interested in appearing for the PRT exam must keep an eye on their official website for all important updates.
PRT Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the PRT exam is divided into two papers, Paper I and II. Candidates interested in appearing for the exam must be thorough with the syllabus of both papers. The topics included under both the phases are given below.
Paper I comprises only two subjects- General English and General Hindi.
Paper II comprises the following subjects-
- Current affairs and general knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Selected subject
PRT Exam Pattern
- The PRT exam is conducted only in offline mode.
- The total number of questions is 150, and the total time is 150 minutes.
- The exam comprises multiple-choice questions (MCQs), where each question has approximately four different options.
- The question paper for the PRT exam is available in both English and Hindi languages.
- The candidates need to appear for a written exam and an interview on qualification of the written exam. Only those candidates who qualify both rounds are eligible for the teaching jobs.
PRT Learning Strategies
The PRT exam is important for candidates interested in teaching jobs at various government schools across India. Candidates must prepare strong PRT exam strategies to ensure qualification in the exam. A few of the PRT exam strategies that the candidates must follow are mentioned below:
- Understanding the syllabus of the exam and the pattern – Downloading the syllabus will help the candidates get an idea about the topics that must be covered and divide the topics according to their marks, weightage, and importance. It will also help them plan a proper schedule to ensure that the syllabus is complete. Knowledge about the exam pattern will help the candidates to assess which types of questions are there in which sections of the paper. This would help them tackle the paper in a better way.
- Referring to good preparation material – To start preparing for the exam, candidates must have good materials specially designed by the experts. This helps the candidates get a clear idea about the logic and concepts of the syllabus. The material must also contain a good number of questions with solutions that will help the candidates implement their theoretical knowledge.
- Solving online mock tests – Online mock tests help the candidates recall all the topics they have studied and test their answering capabilities. It increases the speed of answering questions as well. The mock tests must be designed by qualified faculty who have years of experience in preparing students for the PRT exam.
- Preparation of self-notes – Preparing important notes that highlight the specific points can be quite helpful in studying. It helps the candidates revise the topics and also compiles all the important points in one place. This makes it easier to refer to topics during the time of revision.
- Time management – Time management is one of the key steps for PRT exam preparation. Candidates must be able to manage their time during preparation and writing the exam properly. This will help the candidates attempt a maximum number of questions that further increase their qualifying chances.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.