A Principal Investigator or PI for short is the individual who is responsible for the preparation, conduct, and administration of a cooperative agreement, training, public service project, research grant, contract, or other sponsored project.
Understand and digitize school operations with Teachmint and its features like the performance management for efficient school management.
Before beginning to develop a proposal, it is important to be sure who is eligible to serve as a Principal Investigator. Anyone who held the following positions may be designated as PIs in applications for sponsored projects:
- All tenure-track and tenured Assistants, Associates, and Full Professors, including Librarians
- All research assistant professors, research professors, research associate professors, extension specialists, senior research fellows,Teachmint has one of the largest repositories of learning resources on almost all subjects in the form of notes, lecture videos, and so on. Click here to gain access to it right away. and clinical professors
Read the evaluation methodologies and outcomes. Also, read everything about the hybrid learning.
- All Visiting, Emeritus, Adjunct, Lecturers, or other faculty who have the approval of their Department as well as the Dean of the relevant School or College.
- All Post-Doctoral Fellows who have gained the approval of their Department as well as the approval of the Dean of the relevant School or College. Their mentor must be included as a Co-PI.
- All Professional Staff not also students with the approval of their Department and the approval of the Dean of the relevant School, College, or Vice-Chancellor.
The term principal investigator hence refers to the holder of an independent grant and the lead researcher for the grant project, generally in the sciences, like in the case of a laboratory study, or a clinical trial. The phrase is also used as a synonym for the head of the laboratory or research group leader. Even though this expression is commonly used in the sciences, it is also widely used for the person or people who make final decisions and supervise expenditures and funding on a given research project.
Teachmint has one of the largest repositories of learning resources on almost all subjects in the form of notes, lecture videos, and so on. Click here to gain access to it right away.
Know more about LMS and how it can help in seamless school operations management.