The PGT eligibility criteria are quite simplified and clear but let’s know everything about PGT first and then move on towards a deep understanding of PGT eligibility criteria. PGT is an abbreviation used for post-graduate teachers. The post-graduate teachers teach students of senior secondary or higher secondary. It is also known as secondary school teaching. A lot of people search for the PGT Full form. It is a highly sought-after position. The training and degree in this field will help them understand the education system and will also help them to get a better understanding of their duties and responsibilities. The duties and responsibilities of a PGT are similar to that of a school teacher. However, it is more defined. The PGT follows the principles of teaching and teaches according to the programmed instructions of the institution that they are a part of. The qualified post-graduate teachers have good hands-on training experience in teaching. They have the same qualified teacher status and are eligible to prepare lesson plans and help bring technology into education.
The PGT eligibility criteria say that-
- As per the PGT eligibility criteria, a candidate must have passed their 12th standard from a recognized board. The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their intermediate.
- A candidate must hold a graduate degree from a recognized university.
- A candidate must hold a B.Ed degree or an equivalent degree from a recognized university.
- The applicant must have a post-graduate degree from a recognized university.
- The maximum age limit for the PGTs as per PGT eligibility criteria is 40 years.
- The candidate must have proficiency in both English as well Hindi in order to be a good PGT.
Teachmint offers educational infrastructure to institutes to make their task easier. With our tools like user management, we take care of daily administrative tasks so you can focus on providing the best learning experience to students. Explore our website to know more about our offerings like lms portal.