Online Attendance System is very helpful for both teachers and students. Teachers should use Online attendance system to save time. In today’s competitive market, with rising working hours and less classroom time, teachers want edTech solutions to help them manage valuable class time efficiently. Rather than educating, faculty members are frequently charged with carrying out official tasks, such as taking daily student attendance. Taking daily attendance and manually entering information is a time-consuming process for instructors and loses classroom time. To solve such unnecessary work methods, many school software applications are available to speed up the attendance process and eliminate manual effort. An online attendance management system, also known as a digital attendance platform, is one of these. It is designed to automate daily attendance in schools. It also helps in maintaining correct records and creating simple student attendance reports. The online attendance system keeps track of daily attendance, working hours, breaks, login, and logout times. It makes it illegal for employees to steal time. Smart cards, biometric, and facial recognition devices, for example, are all incorporated into an attendance management system in real-time. To streamline the process and decrease human labor, schools utilize student attendance software to manage and monitor daily student attendance. It’s utilized to record a student’s attendance, absences, attendance history, and other paperwork. In a nutshell, an automated attendance management system is a feasible, dependable, and efficient alternative to manual attendance, which wastes a lot of the teacher’s valuable classroom time that could be spent on something else!
Online Attendance System in Schools and Colleges
An online attendance system in schools and other educational institutions make the task easier for teachers and students. Teachers can save their time as they don’t need to spend much time in taking attendance manually. Because of the automation of this process, they can mark students’ attendance in a few clicks. Moreover, they can save their time by eliminating manual roll calls. At times, there are chances of proxy and faulty attendance when recording attendance manually. Students can trick their teachers on roll calls. All these incidents can hamper the process of recording attendance. Another disadvantage of traditional attendance system is teachers need to calculate the trends and other metrics manually, and it makes the task cumbersome for them. They need to go back and forth to calculate the attendance percentage. Having an attendance management system will solve all these issues in a few steps.
Benefits of Attendance Management System
The benefits of attendance management systems are:
1. Saving time for teachers: This goes without saying that the automation of traditional attendance-taking process is most useful for teachers. They can save a lot of their daily time by eliminating this redundant task. They can reduce human errors and focus more on being productive in the class by automating the attendance system.
2. Better student compliance: Since the attendance is monitored automatically, students do not get an opportunity to argue with the teachers. Online attendance system also improves punctuality in students and makes them attend their lectures on time.
3. Better student performance: As the online attendance system reduces absenteeism, students attend more classes. When they attend more lectures, they are more likely to perform better in exams. Moreover, they get better knowledge on what they should focus on when attending lectures.
4. Detailed attendance reports: When using an automated attendance management system, teachers and principles have access to detailed attendance reports. They can view and download these reports in a few easy steps. Moreover, the dashboard also presents class-wise reports. Teachers and principals can see how many students are present in the class and get details of the classes where attendance is not marked.
Steps to Choose an Attendance Software for Educational Institutions
Some of the steps that administrators can go through when choosing an attendance management system are:
- Simple and Easy to Use: Many attendance management systems require training before using them. If the system is complicated, teachers may find issues using that software. Therefore, it is beneficial if the admins choose an easy-to-use platform. Choosing an easy-to-use platform will help teachers adapt to the changes more quickly.
- Flexible time-tracking system: The attendance system must be capable to track the time in which students enter the school campus. Many schools use an RFID-based system to track the real-time entry of students.
- Contactless check-in: Contactless check-in is crucial in many cases. Attendance management systems with this feature are in high demand among different educational institutes.
With the online attendance system, teachers can simplify their daily attendance tracking activities. This management system uses the latest technology to track and record attendance. Moreover, it generates weekly and daily reports that can be used by teachers when calculating classroom attendance trends. Some of the techniques that this system use are:
1. RFID attendance system: If schools and other educational institutes use this attendance system, they provide a unique card to each student. This card contains a unique identification number and the RFID devices are installed at the school entrance or other crucial locations within the institute. The card is scanned at all those locations and records the attendance during the scanning process. Whenever a student gets inside or outside the institute campus, the card records those entries.
2. Biometric attendance system: In this attendance recording process, the system captures the fingerprints of each student. This system is integrated with the institute ERP and gives teachers and admins insight into the attendance percentage of students.
Many schools have apps through which they record the attendance of their students. These apps are easy-to-use and work effectively. Every educational institute should try using the automated attendance tracking system to record the attendance and make the task easier for their students.
Teachmint is a one-stop destination for educators all around the globe. With the help of our offerings like lms portal, teachers can provide an unmatched learning experience to their students. To know more about features like institute erp, visit our website.