What are the Objectives of Teaching?
Teaching is not an easy job. It comes with a lot of responsibilities and goals. What are the objectives of teaching? What do teachers do? Teachers have a lot of responsibilities. They have responsibilities other than conveying the concepts in the syllabus. These objectives form the foundation of the job and teachers should work every day to fulfill their objectives.
- To help students acquire knowledge and wisdom. One of the main objectives of teaching is to impart knowledge and wisdom. However, this is not limited to textbook knowledge.
- To shape character and behavior. As mentioned, teachers help students acquire knowledge and this is not just what is included in the syllabus. Through this process, the character is shaped and behavior is molded. The responsibility on the shoulder is heavy.
- Foster independence. Teachers help students to be strong and independent. One of the outcomes of effective education is independence and a strong foothold.
- To motivate students. Teachers have the capability to fire intrinsic motivation in their students and this will help students to be successful in life. Here is a blog that will throw light on some study tips that you can give your students:
- While all the objectives of teaching cannot be explained in one article, we have covered the major objectives and the responsibilities of teachers.