If a student needs to write a UG dissertation, they may be required to start by writing a literature review. A literature review can be defined as the process of searching for and evaluating the available literature on a particular subject or topic of interest. It documents the state of the art when it comes to the subject or the topic being written about. A literature review has the following main purposes:
- It gives a deep insight into the literature in the chosen field of study
- It inculcates the information in that literature in the form of a summary
- It analyses the information gathered by the identification of gaps in current knowledge by showing the limitations of theories and POVs & by formulating the areas for further research
- It helps in reviewing areas of controversy
- It organizes ad presents the literature in an organized way
A literature review shows that the writer has an in-depth grasp of the subject; and helps in understanding where their research fits into, which adds an extra dimension to an existing body of agreed knowledge. Here is another way of describing these tasks.
- A literature review demonstrates a familiarity with a certain body of knowledge and establishes the writer’s credibility in the field
- It summarises research that has been done prior to this and says how the project is linked to it, and how it integrates and summarizes what is known about the subject
- It also demonstrates that the writer has learned from others and that their research is a starting point for potential new ideas.
Teachmint offers educational infrastructure to institutes to make their task easier. With our tools like fee management system, we take care of daily administrative tasks so you can focus on providing the best learning experience to students. Explore our website to know more about our offerings like lms portal.