Students willing to become lawyers can take admission to a law college. It is an institution that specializes in legal education and helps students understand the value of a robust judicial system. Students can apply to a law college to become lawyers within a given jurisdiction.
The legal field offers immense career opportunities to students. That’s why the demand for a law degree has increased manifold in recent years. Students can begin their careers in both the private and government sectors.
Various law colleges award law degrees to students in India. However, the top positions are held by the institutes mentioned below.
- National Law School of India University, Bengaluru
- National Law University, Delhi
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, West Bengal
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
- Symbiosis Law School, Pune
- Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi
- The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
Popular law streams in India
Law colleges offer degrees in various specializations, including:
- Civil law
Civil law deals with the settlement of disputes that cannot be categorized as a criminal offense. This law resolves marital discord, property issues, family partition, etc.
- Criminal law
Criminal law offers varied career options to law students. This law was introduced by an economist and criminologist, Cesare Beccaria. He is also known as the father of modern criminal law.
- Constitutional law
Constitution law deals with the judicial problems related to the fundamental rights and duties stated in the constitution.