The Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is a Government exam conducted by the Office of the Commissioner for Government Examinations. It is taken for selecting the teachers for the schools in Kerala.
This entrance exam mainly assesses whether candidates possess essential skills to teach the Lower Primary, Upper Primary, and High School classes in schools all over Kerala. The organization of the KTET exam is done at the Pareeksha Bhavan in Kerala.
The KTET Exam is conducted on the basis of the rules and regulations stated by the State Council of Educational Research and Training of Kerala. Given below are the details of the scope of KTET for the aspiring students.
For the year 2021, the KTET Exam will be organized in September 2021. The results of the exam for 2021 are not yet declared. Candidates willing to get the prestigious teaching job in Kerala must prepare well with complete dedication for the KTET exam to get a good score as there is a massive scope of KTET certificates.
Highlights of KTET 2021 Exam
Name of Examination- Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test 2021
Level of the Examination- State-level
Mode of Exam- Offline
Duration- 150 minutes
Purpose of the Examination- For the determination of candidates for the teacher in Kerala
Helpdesk Number- 0471-2546832
Official Website of KTET- http://ktet.kerala.gov.in/index.php
As per the official statement of KTET 2021, now there would be separate tests for all the variety of categories for selecting teachers. The website of KTET has listed the following categories:
- Type I Lower Primary Classes
- Category II Upper Primary Classes
- Category III High School Classes
- Category IV
- For Language Teachers of Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu ( up to Upper Primary Classes)
- Specialist Teachers (Art and Craft)
- Physical Education Teachers
Career Scope after KTET Exam 2021
If you have always dreamed of becoming a school teacher, you should appear on the KTET exam. It will provide you with access and opportunities to establish yourself as a Kerala Government Teacher. The papers conducted by CBSE are structured to recruit teachers in primary and senior schools.
But for certification, you have to qualify for the exam with a good score. Before applying for the exam, you should be aware of the career scope of KTET Exam. To qualify for the KTET Exam, you must obtain marks equal to or more than the minimum qualifying marks. As per the KTET Cut Off, your marks should be equal to or more than 60% (general), and for the reserved category, it will be 55%.
Career Scope after KTET Exam
Some essential opportunities are as mentioned below:
KTET Job Scope as a Teacher
Once your recruitment is completed as a teacher, there are numerous growth opportunities and career scope of KTET available for you. After working diligently for some years, you can also become the Headmaster of School in Kerala.
Teacher promotion scope of KTET
- You can become Headmaster in a primary/secondary school.
- You can get the post of senior teacher in a primary/secondary school.
- You may become Assistant Teacher in a primary/secondary school.
- You have the opportunity to be a senior teacher in upper primary school.
- You can also get to be a principal in higher grade schools.
KTET Salary and Payscale
You must know that the average pay scale of primary teachers teaching from class I to V is approximately between Rs 25,200 to Rs 54,000, while the average salary scale of high school teachers is in the range of Rs 29,200 to Rs 62,400.
Lower Primary Assistant Salary- Rs 25,200 to Rs 54,000
Upper Primary Assistant Salary- Rs 25,200 to Rs 54,000
High School Assistant Salary- Rs 29,200 to Rs 62,400
Importance of KTET Certificate
- The KTET Certificate is the minimum and most vital eligibility for a Kerala state government teaching job.
- After getting the KTET Certificate, you can also apply for Central Government Teaching jobs like KVS, NVS Army Teacher, ERDO, etc.
- Without a KTET Certificate, you cannot apply for state government teaching jobs.
- After KTET certification, the candidates can apply for some state government teaching jobs.
- Numerous private institutes only prefer or give preference to KTET qualified candidates for teacher recruitment.
- After obtaining the KTET certificate, the chances of getting a Government teacher job are very high.
Application Procedure of KTET 2021
The KTET application form is available at the official site of KTET by Pareeksha Bhavan. The candidates must download the form, fill it carefully and submit their KTET 2021 application form by the mentioned deadline.
Candidates have the choice to select their preferred location of the test center while filling the application form for the KTET exam. Students can pay their examination fees via credit card/debit card, Net banking, or by Challan. The online application form needs to comprise the attachments of online payment of Challan submission and a copy of the required certificates.
Vacancy and Perks of KTET Exam
The salaries for teaching assistant posts in lower primary, upper primary, and high school differ. All the positions have the advantage of house rent allowance, dearness allowance, and city compensation allowance. There are perks for the backward categories of people in terms of monetary funds announced by the state authority with the official notifications. There are numerous vacancies available at the time of selection, and the administration does not release any official documents.