A KTET exam is conducted twice every year by the Kerala Pareeksha Bhavan to evaluate applicants’ eligibility to teach at lower primary, upper primary, and high school levels. A candidate who passes the Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test (KTET) becomes eligible to apply for teaching positions in the state.
Kerala Teacher Eligibility Test is the complete form of the KTET exam. Candidates seeking teaching positions in lower primary, upper primary, and high school profile vacancies in Kerala take the KTET test administered by Kerala State Education Board (KSEB). To better and incorporate new standards into the teaching sector, the Kerala government introduced the KTET Exam. This KTET exam 2021 is based entirely on the National Curriculum Framework.
The Following Positions Are Available:
KTET officially announces separate exams for teachers in categories of Category-I (Lower Primary Teachers), Category-II (Upper Primary Teachers), Category-III (High School Teachers), and Category IV (Art and Craft Teachers, Physical Education Teachers).
- Eligibility for KTET Exam 2021 (Category-I) for Lower Primary Teachers
A candidate should have completed Higher Secondary with a minimum of 45% marks and possess a 2-year Trained Teacher’s Certificate from the Kerala State Board of Examination or an equivalent qualification.
Following NCTE Rules and Regulations, 2002, candidates must have completed their Higher Secondary Education with a minimum of 45% marks and a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education.
The candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) and be a Higher Secondary graduate with at least 50% marks.
Candidates applying for this post should have completed secondary education with a minimum of 50% marks and possess a 2-year Diploma in Special Education.
- Teachers in Upper Primary (Category II) are eligible to apply for KTET
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Arts, or Commerce, along with a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education from a recognized institution.
Following NCTE Rules and regulations, the ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in science, business, or arts with a major in education and a Bachelor’s degree in education with a minor in arts.
The candidate needs to have a minimum of 50% in Higher Secondary and a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), a 4-year degree.
Students should have acquired a minimum score of 50% in Higher Secondary and have completed either B.A./B.Sc. B.Ed, or B.A./B.Sc. B.Ed.
- Teachers of high school classes (Category III) are eligible to take the KTET
Candidates interested in applying for the High School Teaching program in KTET must meet the following requirements first.
B.Ed degree in the respective subject from an accredited university in Kerala or an equivalent degree from an accredited university elsewhere with at least 45% marks.
Those who have an M.Sc.Ed degree in any of the following subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Botany, and Zoology should have passed the degree from regional institutes sponsored by NCERT with a minimum of 50% marks. It is eligible to apply to those with Botany and Zoology if they have a minimum of 50% marks in their M.Sc.Ed.
BA candidates who have passed LTTC and have attained a mark of at least 45% are welcome to apply.
- Category IV Teachers Eligibility for KTET
Applicants with the necessary qualifications for a position as a Language Teacher Arabic, Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, a Specialist Teacher, and a Physical Education Teacher are eligible to apply under the Kerala Education Act.
Changes In Eligibility For KTET Exam 2021
Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category will be getting 5% of the academic aggregate relaxation, while those who fall into the OBC and OEC categories will receive 3%.
Filling Out The Application Form For KTET Exam
It is anticipated that the registration process for the KTET exam 2021 will begin on April 28, 2021. For candidates to complete the application form for the KTET exam 2021, please follow the steps listed below.
- Candidates must consult ktet.kerala.gov.in, the official website of KTET.
- You need to click on the “New Registration” button on the website’s homepage.
- After redirection to the registration page, the candidate should carefully read all the instructions and procedures. Then, the candidate should check each of the three boxes.
- Candidates will need to enter all their personal information in the next step, including their full name, contact number, email address, gender, religion, caste, exam center preference, communication address, and details of their educational qualifications.
- Upload a scanned copy of the colored passport size photograph of the candidate in JPEG format according to the specification. Click Submit once you have reviewed all the information you have provided. Record the system-generated application number for the KTET exam 2021.
- The applicant must pay the fee for submitting the application form online via Netbanking, Debit Card, or Credit Card. To reference the printed KTET exam 2021 application form for future reference, the candidate should print a copy of the valid payment receipt after the payment is paid successfully.
KTET is a national-level examination administered by the Kerala State Education Board (KSEB), Pareeksha Bhavan. The headquarters of KSEB is located at Pareeksha Bhavan, Poojapura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012. For recruitment of teachers for primary classes (1-5), upper introductory courses (6-8), and secondary categories (9-10), the KTET Exam is conducted. Check out the official website to know about the dates of the KTET exam 2021.
Teachmint offers educational infrastructure to improve the teaching-learning experience. With the help of our tools like admission management system, teachers and staff can reduce their workload. Know more about us and our offerings like learning management system by visiting our website.