KSEEB meaning Karnataka State Secondary Education Examination Board commonly referred to by its abbreviation KSEEB, is a state education board in the state of Karnataka in India. With its head office situated at 6th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bengaluru, the Karnataka Education Board came into existence in the year 1966. It has been conducting SSLC exams every year during March/April and other examinations. Other exams are also conducted by this board.
Here are some key details about KSEEB:
- Establishment: The Karnataka Education Board was established in 1966. It operates under the Karnataka Secondary Education Act, of 1961.
- Objective: The primary objective of KSEEB is to regulate and supervise the system of secondary education in the state of Karnataka. This includes conducting examinations, prescribing syllabi and textbooks, and implementing educational policies.
- Examinations: KSEEB conducts various examinations for students at different levels of education. The most prominent among these are the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) examination and the Pre-University Course (PUC) examination.
- SSLC Examination: This is the 10th-grade examination, which students take at the end of their secondary education. It is a crucial examination as it determines a student’s eligibility for higher education.
- PUC Examination: The Pre-University Course (PUC) examination is equivalent to the 12th-grade examination. Successful completion of this examination allows students to pursue higher education in colleges and universities.
- Syllabus and Textbooks: Karnataka Education Board is responsible for prescribing the syllabus and textbooks for schools under its jurisdiction. It periodically updates the curriculum to keep it in line with modern educational standards.
- Result Declaration: KSEEB is responsible for the timely declaration of examination results. This includes the announcement of SSLC and PUC results.
- Affiliated Schools: KSEEB is the governing body for a vast number of government and private schools in Karnataka. These schools follow the curriculum and guidelines set by KSEEB.
The KSEEB meaning to supervise and regulate the system of Secondary education in the State of Karnataka. It executes and governs various activities that include
- Devising courses of study
- Prescribing syllabus
- Conducting examinations
- Granting recognition to schools
Providing direction, support, and leadership for all secondary educational institutions under the jurisdiction of the KSEEB.
To get admission to schools under the KSEEB, they must have compulsorily passed their +2 through conventional school, correspondence, homeschooling, online school, open school, or the like. Student enrollment will based on of physical and academic facilities available, such as libraries, laboratories, etc. while also keeping in mind the teacher-student ratio, teaching-non-teaching staff ratio, etc.There are a few more open and private boards like the Karnataka State Open Education Examination Board running in the state, which is independent of KSEEB
Want to find learning resources for all subjects in one place? That’s right – notes and other resources from teachers all across the globe. Click here to access Teachmint’s library of resources. We offer educational infrastructure to institutes to make their task easier. With our tools like an attendance management system, we take care of daily administrative tasks so you can focus on providing the best learning experience to students. Explore our website to learn more about our offerings like lms portal.
Learn more about Teachmint plans here.