ID Card is also known as an identification card or identity card. It is a card bearing identifying data about the individual whose name appears thereon. Schools, colleges, universities, private and public organizations, and corporate companies issue ID cards for their students and employees.
A student ID card can be used by students to prove their identity on a school campus and at local businesses. It carries a photo of the student and their basic information. In addition, government authorities also issue various identification cards for citizens. The valid government IDs in India are:
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Birth Certificate
When do students get a student ID card?
Educational organizations are liable to provide their students with a student ID card. To be eligible for an identification card, students should be associated with a full-time school, college, or university for a specific time period.
The student identification card entitles the students to various discounts and benefits. Some major benefits of holding an identity card are:
- Cheaper public transport
- Discounts of entertainment
- Discounted drinks and food in cafes and pubs
- Bookstore discounts
Student ID photo
Here are the general student IDs photo specifications:
- Students must provide their recent photos when applying for an ID. The photo must match their appearance.
- The photo must be taken against a plain background.
- The candidate must face the camera.
- The head and shoulder must be visible in the photo and cover 80% of the total area.
- The photo must not contain any pattern, shadows, or glares.