The Board of Secondary Education Haryana organizes the Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET) every year for the appointment of Primary Teachers (Level -1), Trained Graduate Teachers (Level 2), and Post Graduate Teachers (Level 3). HTET is a state-level qualifying exam for teachers aspiring to teach in Haryana schools. Primary Teacher (PRT), Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT), and Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) at Haryana Government schools are among the positions that are recruited via the HTET 2021.
HTET Recent Updates
The Haryana state government issued a brief notice for HTET candidates on September 29, 2021. HTET recent update from the Haryana government mentions that the CTET certificate will be considered equivalent to the HTET certificate. Now, the CTET certificate holders would be able to apply for PGT and TGT positions in Haryana state government schools.
The notification is signed by Dr Mahavir Singh, the Additional Chief Secretary of Haryana Government, School Education Department, Chandigarh. CTET candidates can take up the HTET exam if they do not have a HTET CSIR equivalent.
Another HTET recent update mentions that the application form is scheduled to be posted on the BSEH’s official website in the months of November and December 2021. For applicants from other states, the application costs may come around Rs. 1000 for PGT and Rs. 1800 for TGT. You may be able to pay your application costs via online mode.
Eligibility for HTET 2021
The HTET 2021 test is generally open to applicants between the ages of 18 and 38. The following are the educational requirements for specific positions. You may also keep checking HTET recent updates for new information.
Eligibility Criteria for Primary Teachers for the HTET Exam
For the application for PRT level, you must be qualified for at least one of the following eligibilities:
- Senior Secondary passing will be considered or its equivalent. A two-year Elementary Education Diploma will be considered if there is a 50% passing score.
- You may also be considered eligible if you have passed or are appearing in your last year of the four years B.El.Ed program. You must have a GPA of more than 50%.
Eligibility Criteria for Trained Graduate Teachers for the HTET Exam
For the application of the Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) 2021, an aspirant must have any one of the following qualifications:
- You must have completed and passed a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field. You must also be currently enrolled in a 2-year Elementary Education Diploma programme.
- You must have already passed or currently pursuing a 1-year Bachelor in Education degree with a minimum of 50% in the appropriate stream (B.Ed).
- You can be a graduate in the relevant field with a GPA of 45 percent or above, as a minimum requirement. You must also have completed or pursued a one-year Bachelor’s Degree in Education (B.Ed).
- You may have already completed or be currently enrolled in the last semester of a four-year B.El.Ed (also known as the Bachelor in Elementary Education Programme) with a minimum of 50 percent or above that.
- Senior Secondary education or equivalent with a grade point average of 50% or above, and finished or appearing in the last year of a four-year B.A./B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed programme.
- You must have already passed or should be currently enrolled in a 1-year B.Ed. Programme in your related field with a minimum of 50% grades (Special Education).
Eligibility for HTET Exam for Post-Graduate Teachers
The following are the qualifying requirements for those wishing to apply for the HTET Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) position:
- Must have a 50 percent or higher grade in the relevant topic during post-graduation.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education would be required.
- You must have cleared matriculation in either with Hindi and Sanskrit. A senior Secondary/Graduation/Post-Graduation in Hindi is also required.
Application for HTET 2021
The application period for HTET 2020 began in November and ended in mid-December. Meanwhile, on the official website, the application form for HTET 2021 is anticipated to open in November-December 2021.
You may follow this step-by-step guide to understand the HTET application process:
Registration Part-I of the HTET Application Form:
- Here is the official website of the BSEH – www.bseh.org.in, where you will receive all first-hand updates.
- You may click the “HTET 2021 application form” link on the very first page.
- You can read all of the instructions thoroughly before filling in all of the information.
- Fill in the required areas, including the candidate’s complete name, parents’ names, religion, gender, date of birth, a valid phone number, email address, permanent address, etc.
- After that, click on “save” and then “submit.”
- The candidate’s registered email address will receive an ID and password. This may be provisional.
Registration Part-II of the HTET Application Form:
A current passport-size colour photograph, as well as a scanned copy of the applicant’s signature and thumb imprint, must be supplied at stage 2 of the application process.
To complete the registration procedure, candidates must pay the application cost.
The candidates can take a printout once they have completed filling the HTET 2021 application form and after you’ve made your payment.
HTET 2021 Admit Card
The HTET admission cards for Levels 1, 2, and 3 will be available on the official website shortly. You can keep checking HTET recent updates for the same. For downloading your admit card, some information like your DOB and the registration number will have to be given. Also, remember to bring your admission card with you to the examination centre.
HTET Certificate and Validity
A new HTET recent update has increased the validity of the HTET certificate. Previously, the Haryana TET certification was valid for five years. Haryana’s government has taken a significant step by extending the validity of the HTET Certificate. Candidates who pass can now obtain a certificate that is valid for seven years.
Keep following for HTET CSIR and HTET updates here. You can also keep a close eye on the official website and newspapers for direct information. All the best for your exams!