Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test or HTET is an eligibility examination held to recruit candidates for different teaching levels. Conducted by BSEH (Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan), this eligibility test recruits Primary teachers (PRT), Post Graduate Teacher or PGT, and Trained Graduate Teachers or TGT. Once you crack the exam while laying importance on the HTET previous year question papers, you can apply at Haryana government schools.
Although HTET exam 2021 is in January 2022, the candidates must start practicing for a better score. The syllabus, subjects, and exam pattern for different levels vary. Hence, candidates must be aware of the pattern for which they have applied. Considering the TGT questions for the PGT exam is worthless. Therefore, the candidates must focus on the syllabus before jumping into the HTET previous year question papers.
Exam Pattern and syllabus for HTET exam
Before we move ahead with important questions, let’s take a glance at the exam pattern and syllabus for the HTET exam:
|SUBJECTS||NO. OF QUESTIONS||MARKS||SYLLABUS|
|Child Pedagogy and Development||30||30||It includes:· Educational psychology of teaching and learning for age group 6-11· Understanding the needs and characteristics of diverse learners· Interaction with learners and the attributes and qualities of a good facilitator of learning|
|Languages (English and Hindi)||30||30||It tests the proficiency of the language of instruction a candidate chooses|
|Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and General Awareness||· Quantitative Aptitude- 10 questions· Reasoning- 10 questions· GA (Haryana GK)- 10 questions||30||This section focus on reasoning ability and general knowledge of Haryana|
|Mathematics & Environmental Studies||60||60||It includes:· Different concepts, pedagogical understanding and problem-solving abilities of the respective subjects· Every topic taught in Class 1-5 by the Educational Department of Haryana Government.|
The first three sections of Level 1, viz, Child Pedagogy and Development, Languages and Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and Haryana GK are the same. The only change is in the level, which is for classes VI to X. However, there is a change in the last section of Level 2. It is:
- The subjects a candidate chooses, which can be Social Studies or Mathematics or Science or others
- The total question of this section is 60 (all MCQs)
- Syllabus: It includes the topics of the respective subjects which a candidate chooses. It defines the pedagogical concept and problem-solving aspects of the related subjects and sub-topics, as directed by Haryana’s Education Department.
Level 3 is the candidates applying for PGT posts, usually for the 9-12 classes, including the children between 14-17 years. Just like Level 2, the first three sections remain the same, but with the higher level. In the last section, a candidate can choose any subject. However, the syllabus is according to the Education Department of Haryana.
Once you are aware of the syllabus and exam pattern, focusing on the respective subjects becomes easier. Moreover, one can solve the HTET previous year question papers once they are well-versed with the syllabus and contents.
Important HTET previous year questions for Child Pedagogy and Development
- Which is the teacher-related factor affecting learning?
- What is the primary concern about a question paper a teacher should consider after preparing and checking whether the question paper tests specific test objectives?
- What are the domains of the Human Development Division?
- What does socialization mean in the context of education?
- Which of the following is based on Vygotsky’s sociocultural theory?
- How can a teacher enhance effective learning in her elementary classroom?
- What is the most effective method to encourage conceptual development in students?
- What should a teacher tell her students to encourage them to do tasks with intrinsic motivation?
- How development proceeds in the cephalocaudal principle of development?
- What does not deter problem-solving? etc.
Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and Haryana GK Important HTET previous year question papers
- In a certain code language, “ARMS” is written as “5467” and “LIAR” is written as “1254”. How is “SMALL” written in that code language?
- If “#” means subtraction, “&” means division, “@” means addition and “%” means multiplication, then 505 & 5 # 4 @20 % 5 = ?
- The average temperature of a town in the first six days of a month was 41, and the sum of the temperature of the first five days of the same month was 201. What was the temperature on the sixth day of the month?
- The speed of Duronto is more than the speed of Rajdhani. Shatabdi moves faster than Garib Rath but slower than Rajdhani. Which one is the slowest?
- According to the 2011 Census, what is the male literacy rate in Haryana?
- Which is the center of Excellence for Vegetables in Haryana?
- The value of 666/6/3 is equal to?
- What was the capital of Yaudhey Gana?
- What was the decadal population growth of Haryana for the period of 2001-2011?
Other important HTET previous year question papers
- Fill in the blank space with the correct adverb. The soldiers fought……………………..
- What are the positive and comparative degrees of the adjective ”Best”?
- Write the antonym of the word “Praise”?
- A sum of Rs. 40 was divided among 50 boys and girls. Each boy gets 90 paise and a girl 65 paise. Find the ratio of the number of boys and girls.
- According to the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), what is the upper limit of sound for the residential area?
- What is the biotic component of an ecosystem from the following?
Above were the few question sets picked from HTET previous year question papers. However, candidates must solve different ideas and sort out those questions which the Board asks frequently. Remember, it is the qualifying exam. Hence, one should have command on almost all sections for a better score. Start today, prepare well, manage your time, and practice more and more sets for your HTET examination.