What does Higher Secondary School Means?
The higher secondary is also known as Senior Secondary in some places. It refers to the education imparted in the eleventh and twelfth standards in schools. The schools which provide education up to these classes are known as Higher secondary schools.
A higher level of education is important for further studies and for getting admission to top colleges. In India, various boards like CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards conduct the Higher secondary school examination.
Only after clearing these exams, a student can further pursue higher studies. A student who clears the class 12th exam is called a senior school graduate. They also receive a certificate for the same and are called school certificate holders.
The pressure of studying and performing well is usually higher on higher secondary students and teachers are better trained to maintain a high level of active learning to engage the students and prepare them for entrance examinations as well as further studies.
Senior students are also required to pay tuition fees. It refers to the cost of attaining a higher level of education. Some schools have scholarship programs for economically weaker sections (EWS) of society, whereas some schools regularly increase the tuition fees annually for these students.
Higher secondary education is vital for students because it allows them to proceed in their careers. Therefore, career advancement is one of the major benefits of this education system. A good education makes them a prospect for employers to pursue. Moreover, it also helps in skill development as it serves as a great platform to develop social skills. Also, students can enhance their abilities by participating in various extra-curricular activities. It gives them the confidence to socialize with anyone and everyone.
Importance of Higher Secondary Education
Now, that you know what higher secondary education let’s understand the importance of higher secondary education in detail.
- Lays Foundation of Higher Education- It’s the education gained in the higher education classes which prepares the students for college education. If students don’t get this education students will not get admission in the college system.
- Better Career Opportunities- It’s clear that with higher education a student can get college admission. With a college education, the gates to better career opportunities are opened for students.
- Social and Emotional Development- High school education provides opportunities for students to interact and collaborate with peers from diverse backgrounds. This fosters social skills, empathy, tolerance, and the ability to work effectively in a multicultural society.
- Become Better Citizen- Students learn things from schools, and higher education means that students get to know laws, rules & regulations. All these things help them make better and responsible future citizens of the nation.
- Personal Growth- After finally completing their school education, students feel a sense of personal fulfillment. This in exchange makes students thrive and grow not only professionally but also personally, making them grow personally too.
Teachmint is a one-stop solution for educational institutions of all sizes. Our LMS portal is a game changer in the field of education. To know more about our offerings like website builder, visit our website.
Learn more about Teachmint plans here.
To stay updated follow Teachmint News.