GIAN (Global Initiative of Academic Networks) is a program approved by the Government of India. The program aims to tap the talent pools of scientists and entrepreneurs. It facilitates and encourages the engagement of people from science and business backgrounds with students.
The aim of GIAN is to:
- Augment the country’s existing academic resources
- Accelerate the pace of quality reform
- Make advancements in the technological and scientific capacity of India
Students are allowed to interact and share their views with industry experts from all over the globe.
Objectives of GIAN
The objectives of this program are:
- To encourage renowned international personalities to visit Indian institutes and interact with students.
- To provide opportunities to Indian faculty to interact with renowned international personalities and share their knowledge and teaching skills with them.
- To provide opportunity to Indian students to seek knowledge and guidance from international faculty.
- To create avenues for possible collaborations with international faculty.
- To increase participation and presence of international students in the academic institutes.
- To create a collaborative learning process for students and help them exchange ideas with overseas students.
- Motivate industry experts to work on the problems prevalent in India.
- Develop quality course materials in niche areas to be used by a large pool of students.
- To document and develop new pedagogical methods in emerging topics of national and international interest.
The member institutes for GIAN are:
- University of Delhi
- Assam University
- Tezpur University
- Mizoram University
- Nagaland University
- University of Allahabad
- Tripura University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University